Until This Moment

I never answered his question. It didn't seem right. It felt so strange to know the feeling that randomly appeared. This feeling never made sense to me and it would often keep me up at night. I thought about it over and over again but nothing ever made me realize what it was until now. I... love you. I'm not sure how that's possible but it's true. That kiss... it wasn't because I wanted you to stay. I never knew the truth behind my actions or the things my body would do only around you. I love you... I know I do. Something warm had latched onto my arm then which caused me to come back to reality. Link was closer than I had ever seen him. He had grabbed both of my arms, urging me to come back to reality. His eyes were so deep it hurt to look at him and the truth behind everything that I kept inside tore at me.

"What's wrong?" He asked, looking from one eye to the other, focused only on me.

"I'm okay... I'm just thinking."

"I wish you would stop. You're scaring me." He said, giving me an uneasy smile.

"You're not scared of anything." I joked, trying to get his focus off of me. I can't do this. I need space to think. He doesn't know and he probably won't ever. An appointed knight and a princess should never be together romantically. Even though those are my father's words, it's been a rule since our ancestors were skyward bound. Desire is sickening. I jumped back as Link only got closer to my face. He seemed to shutter a bit at my sudden action.

"Zelda-"

"Don't... Let's just go. We need to find somewhere to camp tonight. I don't want to talk about it so don't push me." I said, walking past him, headed up the hill. I know you don't understand but you have to try. Don't ask me about it. Leave it be or I'll break under your pressure. I can't stand it. I wish this feeling would have never made itself known. It should've remained a mystery to me. Only then would I not have to struggle against you.

"I was thinking we should make camp here actually. It's a good place and bokoblins won't venture up here. Did you have a different idea-" Something snapped in me once again. I turned on my heel to face him so hastily that I couldn't process what was about to come out of my mouth.

"I don't care! Nothing I say or do is enough! I can't do anything right! Ganon is coming and I still have no clue how to seal him away like my mother did, like my grandmother did, and everyone else did! I'm lost in a never ending pit of darkness! I can't figure out where I belong or what I'm supposed to do! I can't even bear to look at you!" I practically yelled, tears slipping from my eyes. I turned back up towards the hill wiping my tears on my sleeves, trying to calm down. Link grabbed my arm from behind me, pulling me so that I was facing him.

"I'm not gonna open up to you if you constantly run away from me whenever I put my finger on something that's bothering you!" Link yelled back at me. I jumped a bit but tried to get my arm out of his grasp anyway.

"Listen to me! Your voice says you're completely fine but I know for a fact that you're not because you stare at me in absolute horror and pain! You don't express yourself to me at all unless it's related to your research, which is the only thing that causes you to forget about this hell we were thrown into!" He yelled back at me as I got my arm loose.

"Just shut up!"

"Oh really? After you told me to keep talking." I can't do this. I can't. You don't understand. You don't know what I'm feeling. You don't know how bad I want you to know everything but I can't. He took both of my hands then, trying to mask his worry with anger.

"As far as I can tell, it seems like I did something to upset you or maybe the fact that I'm here is upsetting you but I can't go back to the castle now unless you come with me and admit to your father that this whole journey was pointless-" I pushed him away with that comment.