A Breath Into Death

We traveled for what felt like years into the deepest parts of every forest in Hyrule searching for the one source that would bring the hero of legend back to life. This was not an easy process or a job that was ever planned. Both Revali and Urbosa agreed to help me on my quest. Revali would often fly higher up to scout out the new land and to further see what was going on above everything else while Urbosa and I watched over Link, making sure that the process of decaying was still at a pause. If something like that were to happen, our mission would fail and I might never be able to see Him again. Revali landed then, hitting the ground quite hard because of his sloppy landing.

"Find anything?" Urbosa asked, looking up at Revali. Revali sighed a bit, shaking his head,  leaning on a nearby tree to rest for a while. I could tell that he was very tired and annoyed at the fact that he had to help us find a way to bring Link back but he was doing it anyway despite everything his head must have been telling him.

"Did the sword say anything else by chance?" Urbosa asked me. I shook my head no, staring off into space, recalling the memory. Everything that had scared me to death had vanished within a second. I needed that but now I didn't even know how to do what Fi had told me to do. I knew fairies came from somewhere but no one had found out where they actually dwelled. If only she hinted at something that would help us locate this strange fountain. I sat up, closing my eyes for a second, trying desperately to focus on anything else. My mother always used to tell me stories of the things she would hear when she focused on zoning out. She said the goddess Hylia would speak to her, guiding her through her many trials. I have yet to even awaken my power but I had to try something. I wasn't going to just sit there. Dark... Nothing but dark. That's all I see. All I feel... is hopelessness. I never used to feel this way. I'm well aware of that. Darkness... and... a blue light? Yes... a light that shines in the darkness. A blue flame... a glowing ball of light... a hope... a dream... a... person?

"Princess, all hope is not lost. One fountain lies very close to you. A fairy is trying desperately to guide you though you've been so caught up in your grief that you haven't spotted your destination yet. Do not fear. Link is not going anywhere. He's right here." Fi said gently, changing into a form that I would assume was actually her at one time. Fi had lived here before. A blue skinny figure wearing a purple cape that came down only just enough to cover her with a blue gem keeping the cape clasped. She looked up for a moment as a blue orb dropped from the heavens, hitting the ground gently. It broke into millions of pieces that moved around in front of her to reveal someone very special to me. It was him. He opened his eyes, a blue hue over him. He smiled at me a little as he always did. Tears left my eyes then. I couldn't help my emotions settle. He's right there. He's in spirit form but he's right in front of me. He's alright. He's just fine.

"Do not reach out to him at this time. His spirit could overtake yours if you do so. Link has to return to his body but that can only be done by the great fairy. You must find her." Fi said, looking at me.

"How? I've looked everywhere! I don't know where to go." I said, wanting so badly to finally be reunited with Link.

"Where does your love take you? Where is it? Where does it travel?" Fi said before I snapped out of whatever haze I was in, sitting up quickly, finding myself on the ground, breathing heavily.

"Are you alright?" Urbosa asked. Both her and Revali were sitting by me, worry evident in their expressions. I must have passed out. It was dark by now. They must have been worried sick if I dropped to the ground suddenly.

"I'm fine but we have to leave now. I know where to go." I said, standing up fast, starting to gather my things. Revali scoffed.

"You're not gonna tell us anything else?"