You'll Lose Me

"My father's plans are finished. I had sealed them with a kiss that day. Somehow my father had managed to find someone who could erase the memories that me and Link had created through these several months. The kiss would activate that very thing. Link knew that this would happen because as we were reunited in the forest, Fi was talking to him about this tragic spell that was cast upon him. If I had just waited a few more seconds for Fi to finish, Link still would've had his memories. It didn't matter now. Link was the same silent person he always was. He's still hiding so much. This could possibly be an opportunity to find out more about him quickly but now the stakes are much higher than before. Instead of getting him to open up the same way that I did last time, I must explore the new pathways that were created by this mess. I have to know more about the sword's chosen one." My hands shook as I wrote that last sentence into my diary, tears threatening to fall as I stared down at nothing. I breathed in, standing up slowly from my desk, looking out the window in front of me, wanting to focus on anything else. My father was thrilled seeing me so broken by this that he put Link on the duty of watching me 24-7. It didn't matter what I was doing or where I was, he was always there. I always felt his eyes on me. The mistake that I made haunted me but I still had everything that I needed to get Link back to where he was only a couple days ago. I sighed, thinking of something that I could possibly do different this time that would still cause him to speak.

"I know... you're ignoring me. I know what my father has asked of you, I understand the things in place as of now but I also know that you don't understand why my father put those rules in place. I know that it would've come as a surprise to you because in your head it didn't make sense. To be honest, it doesn't make any more sense to me." I began, turning around to look at Link on the other side of the room. He flinched a bit, shifting the weight he had been putting on his right leg.

"I'm not stupid. I know you talk. You're not mute. If I said something that shocked you, you would react. If I hit you, you would personally tell me to stop. You're not emotionless, you're not silent... you choose to be because of my father's idiotic rules." I finished, seeing Link's hands clenched into fists. His gaze moved from me to the ground. He's thinking again. I wonder... There's only one way to find out. I advanced forwards towards Link.

"Seeing as my previous attempts went to waste, I guess I will have to take more drastic measures." I knew this wasn't a good idea but I had to try something. I had been wearing one of the tunics that I found in one of my drawers because the maids mixed up the laundry but now I would easily remove it to see how Link would process this. I grabbed the bottom of my shirt, lifting it up slowly as I talked.

"Hopefully this will get you to speak-" Before I could even finish my sentence, Link grabbed the bottom of my shirt, glaring at me. He lost his emotionless self. Could... he be persuaded if I continued?

"Let go." I said, trying to sound monotone to annoy him. He was shocked by that. He gave me a look that said "are you kidding me" or "have you lost your mind?" It was quite funny to watch but even after I told him to let go, he didn't.

"I thought knights were supposed to listen-"

"I'd rather not listen to someone who's trying to seduce me. Maybe if you stopped being so empty-headed, I might try uttering a single sigh to you. To answer your "previous attempts" I have no desire in seeing any of you, let alone hearing you speak. You've said enough. Regardless of the king's orders, I am loyal to him. Not to your brainless attempts to try and get me in bed with you." Link finished, letting my shirt go. That... was not what I wanted but I could go along with it. I rolled my eyes, sighing a bit.

"You're no fun to joke around with." I said, looking straight up at him, not intimidated at all. He was very close to me at this point since he was less than arm's-length away from me. He shook his head in disbelief.