{Chapter 1}

I rolled over and hit the button on my alarm clock. 6:30 Am is too damn early! I swung my legs over and stood up on the cold hardwood flooring. I walked into the bathroom that is connected too my bedroom and looked into the mirror. I brushed my teeth and brushed my hair. I took a shower and wrapped the towel around me. I walked into the walk-in closet and picked out my white crop-top and my shorts. I slipped my boots on and walked over too the mirror and did some light makeup. I walked downstairs and made some homemade waffles. I ate and walked over too the front door and grabbed my purse, keys, and phone. I locked the front door and walked out too my Chevy truck and hopped in. I turned the key and started my truck. I checked my phone and it read 7:00. I arrived at the coffee shop down the street. I've worked here for almost 3 years. I walked in and put my purse up and walked too the cash register.

"Hello, what can I get for you today?"I asked the tall blonde lady who was standing on the other side.

"Can I get a tall iced coffee?"she replied smiling.

"Sure thing! Can I have the name please?"I asked pushing the buttons on the keypad.

"Ashley."she replied pulling out her card and sliding it. I fixed her coffee and handed it too her.

I walked back over too the cash register and notice Jenny wasn't here. Since it wasn't that busy today I picked up my phone and text her.

To:Jenny
Hey where are you you're late!

From:Jenny
Sorry! I just walked out the door I'm on my way!

To:Jenny
Alright you had me worried!

I finished texting her and put my phone away. I heard the door open and walked over to the cash register again and smiled.

"Hello! What can I get for you today?"I asked the tall muscular man standing in front of me.

"Can I get a sweet tea?"he replied in a thick southern accent.

"Sure! What's the name?"I asked.

"Chase."he replied pulling out his card. Is this who I think it is? Is it Chase Miller?

"Alright. Are you Chase Miller?"I asked smiling.

"Yes ma'am. And who are you darlin'?"he asked confused. He seriously doesn't know who I am? Are you kidding me?

"I-I'm Kendall. Kendall Waters. We dated in high school."I replied. I felt tears in my eyes. I haven't seen him in 7 years. He looks so different!

"Kendall. It's uh nice too see you again how are you? Can I maybe get your number?"he asked smiling that beautiful smile.

"Yeah sure. Maybe we can get lunch today? I get off at 12."I said smiling.

"Sure. Just call me here's my number."he replied grabbing a piece of paper and writing down his number. I smiled and put the paper in my back pocket and made his drink. I handed it too him and smiled. He got his drink and walked outside to his car.

Finally. Lunch time. I pulled out my phone and Chase's number. I texted him and he said meet him at the diner down the street. Jenny finally showed up and told me I could have the rest of the day off since she need extra hours anyways. I walked in the diner and saw Chase sitting at the booth. I sat down and smiled.

"So much has changed since we last saw each other. You look so different in a good way!"I said laughing. He laughed and we ordered our food and talked.

"So do you have a boyfriend?"he asked raising his eyebrows.

"Nope. What about you?"

"Well it's complicated. I was dating this girl and well we ended up having a kid together but we're not together anymore. Elli, my daughter lives with me since her mama is in and outta jail."he replied.

"Wow.."I mumbled. I never would have thought he would have a child.

"Yeah. Maybe you can meet Elli one day. I bet she would love you!"he said smiling. I swear that smile gets me every time!

"Maybe."I smiled.