{Chapter 3}

I heard a loud knock on the door. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and sat up. I stood up and walked downstairs. I looked out the window. I opened the door and there stood Jenny.

"Jenny! It's 7:30 in the damn morning! I'm off of work today and it's Saturday! What the hell do you want?"I said aggravated. It's Saturday morning. This is my day off. I usually relax, watch some movies on Netflix, eat popcorn and just relax. No noise, no one to aggravate me.

"I'm sorry! I just wanted to come by and hang out with my best friend! Maybe go shopping. But if you wanna sleep I'll leave."she replied leaning up against the door.

"Fine let me get a quick shower and get ready. You can watch Tv while I get ready."I smiled moving over so she could walk in.

I walked upstairs and got a shower and changed into some shorts and my loose tank top. I slipped on my boots and grabbed my phone and some money. I walked downstairs and walked to the door. Jenny looked at me and got the hint. We headed to the car and she turned it on. We got to the mall and went in. I shopped around a little and got some perfume and some new shirts and some shorts. We headed to a restaurant and got lunch. I felt my phone vibrate and I looked at it.

From:Chase
Hey are we still going on a date tonight?

To:Chase
Sure! Where are we going?

From:Chase
I was thinking the fair? Is that okay with you?

To:Chase
Perfect! I'll see you around 7:00?

From:Chase
Alright I'll pick you up then. Bye.

To:Chase
Bye.

I put my phone in my pocket and smiled. Jenny laughed and raised an eyebrow.

"Who was that?"she asked eating her pasta. I've told her about Chase in the past but I never told her about dinner the other night.

"Uh.. It was Chase."I replied drinking my cola.

"Wait you mean the Chase? As in Chase Miller? The one you dated in high school?"she asked with wide eyes.

"Yes. I went out to dinner with him and his daughter the other night. He came in the coffee shop the other day and we went out for lunch and then he asked me out to dinner the next day. Of course I said yes. He was like he was in High School, a gentleman. He opened doors for me and he gave me his jacket when I was cold. His daughter Elli, she looks just like him. She nice and defiantly is a daddy's girl."I smiled thinking about dinner the other night.

"Damn. What about Elli's mom?"she asked raising her eyebrow again.

"He said she is in and out of jail so he is raising her."I replied.

"Well. That is crazy. Are yall going to start dating again?"she smiled.

"I don't know. I mean tonight is just going to be our second date."I laughed. She smirked and took a drink of her tea.

We finished eating and headed to the car. We got to the house and I went in. Jenny said she was helping me with my hair and makeup. I headed upstairs and put my stuff away. It was 6:30 so I had to hurry. I took a quick shower cause I probably smell like shit. I was walking around all day and sweating so. I changed into my tight blue jeans, white tank top with my plaid shirt. I left the shirt unbuttoned. I slipped on my boots and dried my hair. Jenny curled it and did my makeup. I looked at the clock and it said 6:58. I smiled and hugged Jen. I heard the doorbell ring. I ran downstairs and opened the door. Chase hugged me and we walked inside. Jenny was sitting in the couch smiling.

"Chase this is Jenny. Jen this is Chase."I introduced them.

"Nice to meet you Chase."she smiled and shook his hand.