{Chapter 15}

Today is Chase and I's anniversary. We've decided to go out tonight and have dinner. I'm almost ready to have the baby. I'm huge! I feel like a whale. Chase has been working a lot lately and I have been at home cause I can't really work. Jen hired someone else to take my place. Elli is currently out of school for summer and she signed up for softball. She loves it! We decided on a name for the baby and decorated her nursery!

I sat up on the side of the bed and sighed. I've been having Braxton Hicks and it hurts like a bitch! They finally went away and I stood up on the cold hardwood floor. I walked into the bathroom and started the shower.

"Mama!" Elli yelled. I turned my head. Did she call me mama? I turned the shower off and grabbed my robe. I slipped it on and waddled my way to her room.

"Yes sweetie?" I asked.

"Will you hand me the cereal in the cabinet please? I can't reach it!" She crossed her arms.

"Of course." I smiled and grabbed the cereal. I handed it to her and she made her breakfast.

"I uh I didn't mean to call you mama.. I won't do it again." She looked down. I lifted her chin up.

"Elli. Look at me." She looked up at me. "It fine. You can call me whatever you want. If you want to call me mama, you can. If you want to call me Kendall, you can." I replied smiling. I saw her lips curl into a smile and she hugged me. "I'm going to take a shower. I'll be down later." I said walking upstairs.

I got out of the shower and slipped on my robe. I pulled my hair up in a bun and brushed my teeth. I walked into the bedroom and put on my jeans and a tank top. I slipped on my sandals and walked downstairs. I sat on the couch and felt another Braxton hick. I heard the door unlock and Chase walked in. He put his stuff down and walked over.

"How are you baby?" He asked after kissing me.

"I'm okay. Braxton hick hurt like a bitch though." I laughed.

"Aww, I'm sorry baby." He said kissing my temple.

"I called your mom and she said she'll watch Elli tonight." I said.

"Okay. I'm gonna get ready and then we'll go!" He said running upstairs. I laughed cause he almost fell. I made my way upstairs and changed into a nice black dress. I put on my heels and went into the bathroom and did my makeup and hair. "You're gorgeous baby." Chase smiled putting his hands on my hips.

"Thank you. You look nice. But let me fix your tie." I giggled turning around. I fixed his tie and gave him a quick kiss. I grabbed my purse and fixed my hair. Chase grabbed my hand and we walked downstairs. His mom was sitting on the couch coloring with Elli.

"Y'all look wonderful! I love your dress!" She smiled getting up and hugging us.

"Thank you." I looked at Chase and he was smiling from ear to ear.

"Mama will you take a picture with my phone?" He asked getting his phone out. She nodded and took the picture. "Alright mama, we'll see y'all tomorrow!" Chase held the door open for me and we walked to the truck. He opened the door and helped me in. I slid to the middle and he got in.

"Chase, why did you say tomorrow? I thought we were coming home tonight." I asked holding his hand while he drove.

"It's a surprise baby. Don't worry." He replied kissing my hand. I gave him a smile and laid my head on his shoulder.

We got to the restaurant and it was gorgeous! We got a table outside near the water and the lights were dim. There was a candle burning so I could still see Chase. He pulled out my chair and I sat down.

"Thank you." I smiled. He smiled and sat down. He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Hello, I'm Alex I'm going to be your waitress for this evening. What can I get you to drink?" Alex asked.

"I'll have sweet tea." I replied. She wrote that down and looked at Chase.

"I'll have the same thing." He said.

"Alright I'll be right back." She walked away. After a few minutes she returned and gave us our drinks. "Are y'all ready to order?" She asked looking at us. We nodded and ordered our food.

"This is beautiful. I love the sun shining on the water." I looked around.

"It's is beautiful but you know what's more beautiful?" He looked at me and smirked.

Alex brought our food and smiled "do y'all need anything else?" She asked. We shook our head no and she nodded. "Y'all enjoy." She smiled and walked away.

"What?" I asked Chase.

"This steak." He laughed. "I'm kidding. You are. You're the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen. I love you." He kissed my hand. I laughed and we started eating and talking. We finished our food and Alex got our dishes. Chase paid for the dinner even though I told him I would pay.

He grabbed my hand and we walked to the beach area. I took my heels off and we walked in the sand. I looked at the sun and it was setting. I turned around to Chase and he was on one knee.

"Oh my god Chase!" I put my hand over my mouth.

"Kendall, I love you more than anything. You're the most amazing person I've ever met. I know we have our moments but we work through them. You accepted my daughter and have took care of her and treated her as your own and I thank you for that. You're carry our child who we made with love and I again thank you for being strong and amazing. You mean the world to me and I promise to never hurt you or let anyone hurt you. I love you so much. Will you marry me?" He asked smiling nervously. I nodded and he kissed me. He put the ring on my finger and hugged me tightly.

"I love you Chase." I kissed him. He wiped the tears from my eyes and held me tight. We walked back to the truck and he helped me in. He got in and I slid next to him. He started to drive and he missed the exit we were supposed to get off. "Chase you missed our exit." I said looking at him.

"I know." He smirked. After awhile of driving we pulled up to a hotel. "Surprise!" He laughed. I kissed him and he helped me out.

"Wait I didn't bring any clothes!" I said.

"I packed us a bag." He grabbed it out of the back. I sighed of relief. We walked inside and Chase got our room and we headed to the room. He opened the door and it was beautiful. When you walk in there's a living room area with a kitchen and then there is a sliding door and if you open it the king size bed is there. It was a pretty nice room. I laid on the bed and sighed. "Comfy?" He laid next to me.

"Oh yeah. This bed is comfy." I laughed. "Ouch!" I said holding my stomach.

"What's wrong!?!" He sat up.

"She's kicking. It hurts." I giggled. He sighed and laid back down. I laid next to him and held up my left hand. "I love this ring! It's beautiful!" I smiled at Chase and he smiled.

"I'm glad you like it." He whispered in my ear.

That night ended with us laying in bed and talking about the wedding and our future. I can't believe I'm engaged!