ELEVEN

I'M HAVING A HARD TIME CATCHING MY BREATH.

Nolan stands there in gray sweatpants, a white crewneck, with his baseball cap on backwards. Pancake stands there excitedly on her leash next to all the bags Nolan brought.

"I had to make sure my girl got her sweet tooth fix in." He winks as I help bring in the bags of things. Pancake's nails scratch against the wood floor as she zoomies through the small house. I laugh at her zoomies and Nolan rolls his eyes. "I'm sorry." He says shyly as I laugh. We place the bag on the counter before setting out the items he got.

"It's okay, Pancake is so freaking cute." I say as I watch her. I feel Nolan's presence as he stands closer to me, his spicy wood scent drives my senses into a frenzy. His heat radiating from his body makes me involuntarily lean into him. He moves his arm around me like it's natural. I feel safe.

"So, I got you ice cream, cookies, some sour candy, chips, and some drinks." He smiles as he shows me all the items, he looks so excited as he shows me. My heart leaps out of my chest at how sweet he is.

God, I'm so fucked.

"So, where's my kiss?" He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively, a large smile showcasing his perfect teeth and dimples.

"Okay, close your eyes." I smile as he does so right away, I reach into the cabinet and grab what I need before placing it against his lips. I giggle as his eyebrows furrow and he slowly opens his eyes, a confused look plastered on his face as he looks down, making his eyes go cross-eyed. I laugh loudly at his cute face, he breaks out into a large smile before shaking his head.

"Damn you got me, here I thought I was getting a real kiss, but you gave me a hershey kiss instead. Nicely played." He narrows his eyes at me playful where I just shrug in return.

"A kiss is a kiss. But, if you're good, maybe I'll give you a real one."

Bitch, who even are you?

I might have been mistaken but I could have sworn I heard Nolan whimper. I smile as I grab some snacks and make my way to the couch, purposely swaying my hips. I know his eyes are on me and I'm basking in that attention.

"You coming?" I ask looking over my shoulder, his eyes are wide and his mouth parted. He nods his head repeatedly before fumbling his way over to me.

"Oh I'm coming." I hear him mumble from behind me, I turn on the tv. We sit and scroll through trying to find something to watch. His finger pokes me in my side causing me to jump. "Why are you so far away?" He pouts as he tickles me again. He doesn't hesitate to pull me onto him as he wraps his arms around me. One hand grabs the remote from me while the other grabs my snacks. "Is this okay?" His piercing blue eyes stare into mine, my breath hitches at our proximity, unable to form words I nod my head.

Pancake jumps up on the couch in between our legs. "Pancake." Nolan's stern voice has her ears perking up.

"It's okay Nolan." I smile at him, she is obviously welcomed on the couch at her home, so she's welcome here. I could never deprive a furry friend of furniture.

"Sorry, I let her on my furniture at home." His cheeks tink pink.

"That's okay, how couldn't you? I mean look at that face." I laugh as she looks at us with her puppy dog eyes. I'm a simp for any dog.

Not to be dramatic but I'd get hit by a car to save a dog.

Nolan finds something on the tv, we sit in a comfortable silence, he traces my back as I feed him cookies. We laugh together at scenes as we make small talk. I can't help but stare and watch Nolan as he focuses on the movie. He's just so dreamy, I love how his nose scrunches at scenes, or when he breaks out into a smile, or the way wrinkles form at the corner of his eyes when he laughs. My heart feels like it's going to explode with all the feelings I have when I look at him. My eyes scan his face, taking in the small freckles and scars.