TWELVE

MY ROOM LOOKS LIKE A TORNADO PLUNDERED THROUGH IT.

I don't have a lot of clothes. I packed as much as I could in a bag when I ran for it. I mainly had a few work clothes, thank god Jeremy told me to stop dressing up and wear scrubs. I was running out of clothes already, the few days that I had been here. In my span of freaking out about joining Nolan and his family to brunch I managed to tear my self-esteem down and sprew my clothes around. I stand, with my coffee in hand, as Angie goes through my clothes and the clothes she brought over.

Nolan left early this morning, he left me a note apologizing for leaving but he told me he'd be coming back to pick me up.

After our spontaneous and strenuous activities last night, we had stayed up watching movies but Nolan told me I needed to get to bed. He didn't want to be the reason as to why I lost even more sleep. Pancake joined me as I slept, for the first time in weeks I slept. I was a bit disappointed he didn't join me but I understood, things had escalated quickly that night, escalated to a level we both wanted but weren't expecting.

"Girl, what the fuck, are you a nun?" I jump as my mind empties of my memories with Nolan as Angie huffs, she lifts the clothes up and scans them.

"No, I just-haven't had the time to go shopping." I say taking a sip watching her look through the clothes.

"You're going to wear this sun-dress. It's perfect for brunch plus it's about to start getting cold out so you won't be able to enjoy this for much longer." She tosses me the dusty pink dress. She turns around while I quickly get dressed. The tiered layer ruffles sit nicely on my chest, it's an off the shoulder dress with a cute bow on the front. I pull at the end of the dress, I'm paranoid it may be too short to wear in front of Nolan and his family. "Oh and here, you can never go wrong with tan wedges." Angie excitedly squeals and jumps.

After putting the heels on I step in front of the mirror, I put minimal makeup on, just enough to brighten my blue eyes, I also only applied a little bit of my strawberry lemonade lip gloss.

It's my favorite and it's summer.

"Girl you always look stunning, but H-O-L-Y shit." She stares at me with wide eyes. I feel my face flush.

"You think it's okay? Do you think his family would like me?" I question as I mess with my curled hair. I decided on a half up hairstyle, leaving my money makers dangling in front of my face. It makes my chubby cheeks appear smaller.

"Girl. He's going to be speechless." She walks up to me giving me a smile before pulling me in a bone crushing hug. Her eyes moved down to my necklace, a small smile pulling at her lips. "This necklace is stunning Emberly."

My gold necklace falls just above the curve of my breast that's pushed up from my bra. It's a simple circle locket, on the inside is a picture of my parents and I. My father gave it to me as a graduation present. My mother gave me a gold charmed bracelet, I never take the two off. They're simple jewelry but they both mean the world to me.

"Thank you, my father gave it to me." I give her a small smile. A knock on the door has us both looking down, over the ledge towards the door. My heart hammers against my chest as butterflies swarm in my stomach.

"I think I'm going to be sick." I take in a few deep breaths as I try to calm my nerves.

"Girl you got this, I'm going to pick up, leave the key under your mat and then head out after you, okay?" Angie says as she gives me a soft push towards the stairs. "Wrap it before you tap it and don't do anything I wouldn't do." She winks at me

Shaking my head I quickly walk down the stairs and head to the front door. My heart continues to hammer against my chest, my hands sweat as I reach for the door. It feels like it takes years to open the door but when I do, Nolan stands there-beautiful as ever- in a white button up, a few buttons undone showing off his toned delicious chest, my eyes envy the chain that hangs from his neck, his ripped jeans hugs his legs nicely with his boots. I do everything that I can to act like Nolan doesn't have some huge affect on me, but it's impossible. I quickly blink as I try to gather my wits.