SIXTEEN

IT'S BEEN A FEW WEEKS since I received the threatening messages. Life just returned back to normal, I went back to my cabin- even though Nolan insisted I stayed- continued to have my morning coffee or tea with Holly. Life felt good. My relationship with Nolan has gotten stronger, we continue our date nights and stolen kisses and glances. His mother has reached out to me as well, checking in.

Everything just feels perfect.

Jason, Nolan's older brother, has been joining us on some of our diner nights. I did it on purpose, I'm sort of melding for Jeremy. Which is working in his favor, Jason has been stopping in pretty frequently, visiting Jeremy or taking him to lunch.

My heart swells in happiness for them. Especially Jeremy. The first time after everything happened, Jason walked in to check up on me- coffee in tow- as Jeremy stepped out of the back doors. Jason and I were in mid conversation as Jermey was holding a cat's bloody pair of balls in his gloved hands. He stepped out without realizing anyone else was in the room. "Do you think a cat's nards bounce like bouncy balls?" He questions before bouncing them on the ground. Myself and Jason stood there in shock, as Jeremy laughed. Balls bouncing everywhere as Jeremy decided to look up and let out a fairly high pitched squeal when he made eye contact with Jason. One ball smacked him in the face as the other when flying in a different direction.

I hate to admit we searched for a solid thirty minutes for a cat's testicle.

Now, I'm spending my Friday night, after a long- but humorous- shift, planning a romantic dinner for Nolan.

I cooked his favorite meal, lemon chicken wrapped in bacon with asparagus, thank you pinterest. I also bought him flowers, a mixed bouquet of lilies. This mama's boy loved planting them with his mama growing up. Even men deserve flowers and a nice candle lit dinner.

There's a knock at the door just as I grab the pan with my very used oven mitts. "Coming." I shout before quickly putting the pan down on the counter. I throw the mitts down and rub my hands down my waitress looking apron as I sprint towards the door. I look at the mirror beside the door, I run my hands through my hair as I try to tame the frizzy mess, my hands run down my long curled locks. Quickly, I assess my red lipstick stained lips, moving down to my forest green long sleeved fitted dress, it stops mid-thigh. I paired black wedges with it, hoping it's not too much for a staying in date night.

"Your tits look flawless bitch." I mumble as I move my tits around, taking a deep breath -mainly to calm my nerves- I open the door with a wide smile. Nolan- as always- takes my breath away.

He's wearing a white button up, rolled up to his elbows- making his forearms look juicy- his signature dark washed jeans and boots never fail him. He always, always looks so goddamn good.

"Hi." His smirk sends my stomach to the zoo and a pulse to my clit. His arms move from behind him, placing a bottle of wine in front of him.

"Hi." I say shyly before opening the door wider for him. He chuckles as he walks through, a gust of his spicy- sandalwood scent invades my senses. I hold back a moan as I follow behind him, of course it's a few strides to my kitchen. Nolan freezes as I walk around the small island, I grab the flowers for Nolan and shyly walk up to him. His shocked expression morphs into a beaming smile.

"What's this baby?" He takes the flowers from my hands as his eyes shine in the candle light. My heart rate races at the intense feelings that begin to wash over me.

I love him.

"I uh, got you flowers and I cooked you-"

"Lemon chicken wrapped in bacon with asparagus." His eyes move from the food to the flowers to me to everything. His reaction instantly melts my heart. "Wow, Babe. I- no one has ever given me flowers." He mumbles as his ears tint pink. "No one has ever made me dinner like this for a date. I'm- wow- this, this." His mouth falls open and closed as he looks around. "Thank you. Thank you so much for this Baby."

Cue the butterflies and heart attack

"You deserve this. Plus, you should be spoiled too." He places the flowers down on the island before walking slowly up to me, the gleam in his eyes takes my breath away. Once he's in front of me, his hand moves up to my cheek, tilting me to look up.

His lips crash onto mine.

Quickly the kiss turns frenzied. He pushes me up against the island as his lips fight with me. The soft smacking sound of our lips meeting has me clenching my thighs together as my clit throbs.

He places a soft kiss on my lips before taking a step back, his forehead rests on mine as we try to catch our breaths.

"I really appreciate what you did for me, baby." He whispers, before taking my hand and pulling me to the table.

"Wait, the plates."

"You cooked, let me worry about the plates. Go sit your gorgeous ass down babycakes." he shoots me a playful wink, I let out a huff before sitting down. The smile on my face never leaves as I watch Nolan.

It's amazing how domestic it feels having him in my kitchen, moving around grabbing things like it's his home. I secretly love it.

The plate clinks on the table as he sets it down in front of me. His knees brush against mine he moves to get comfortable in his seat. I love every touch he's willing to give me. We quickly dig into the meal, I hope this makes up for the small fires I started, but by the roll of Nolan's eyes and the hot moan that leaves my pussy tingling, I can tell I aced this dinner.

I can't help but do a small happy dance, in my head of course.

"Baby. Holy. Fuck." He continues to eat his food, I stare like a horny creeper.

"I was always told the best way to get a man's heart is through his stomach."

He doesn't miss a beat, his eyes trained on me. "You already have it." He sets his silverware down, the stainless steel clinks against the white porcelain. "I have a sweet tooth that can't be fixed without dessert. Looks like the main course needs to be put on hold."

He pounces.