TWENTY-FIVE

EPILOGUE

Love is a beautiful, powerful thing. It has the power to break us, but it also has the power to build us back up again.

I thought I was lost and broken. A girl less deserving of any ounce of happiness. I was wrong, there are things in life you can't control, like the actions of others.

After a lot of self-reflection and self-growth, I've come to realize many important things:

One

-You were not born to please everyone

Two

-You're not perfect and that's totally fucking okay.

Three

-Any growth is growth.

Four

-You are capable of being loved, even when you feel like you don't deserve it.

Five

-Ease up on yourself, you're human. It's okay to make mistakes, as long as you learn from them.

Life fucking sucks, but it's who you choose to let live it with you that can make this shitty life a little, well.. Less shitty.

Tonight, is a big night for me, so I decided to do something spontaneous. I gathered the Benson clan together for a perfect Friday night dinner. The weather is perfect, the sun's going down as I finish getting ready.

My hands trail down my navy-blue dress, the straps are thin on my shoulders, the neckline gives a small taste of cleavage, perfect deep pockets on the side, my dress stops mid-thigh. The perfect dress for a perfect night. I place some jewelry on and then clip my longer curled hair to the side.

"You ready babe?" My eyes look into the bedroom mirror, landing on stunning ocean eyes. I return the smile. Nolan stands there in a white button up top, his usual rolled up to the elbow sleeves look mouthwatering against his forearms, his signature dark washed jeans and boots hug him, very, nicely.

Even now, my heart thumps like thumper from the Disney movie, beating against my chest as I stare at the man of my dreams. His intense gaze sends shivers up my spine, I will never forget how blessed and lucky I am to be here with him. Life hasn't been easy, but I wouldn't trade anything. He is my heart, my soul, my everything.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I give him a beaming smile, quickly putting on my nude wedges. Still to this day, three years later, my heart still races and my body fills with tingles as Nolan continues to look at me like I'm a goddess.

"You look amazing." I say, before standing on my toes and planting a small kiss to his soft lips. "I love you." I don't think I could ever get tired of saying that. I don't think I could ever get tired of kissing him either, it's defiantly my favorite pass time.

Well, one of my favorites.  

"You look stunning, baby girl." His nose brushes my neck as he pulls me close, up against him. His spicy scent engulfs me in a hug, I can't help but lean against him. Being in Nolan's arms makes me feel safe. 

"No, no, no." I laugh as I try to get out of his grip. "We have things to do tonight." My fingers twitch with anticipation.

"Why did you plan a random dinner tonight?" His eyebrow quirks up in question. "The only thing I want to do tonight is you." Nolan bites the corner of his lip as he stares lustfully at me.