TWENTY-THREE

MY HEART HAMMERS AGAINST MY CHEST, my eyes lock on to Harrison's green eyes. His eyes widen in shock as he stares, bringing up the radio to his mouth he quickly says something before putting it back. He pulls out his baton as he walks around to the side of the door, he motions that he's going to break it, so I duck and cover.

My heart picks up speed as I realize that I'm being saved. Someone actually found me. Happy tears sting my eyes as the sound of glass breaks. Pieces of glass fly around the inside of the car, but I don't care.

"Emberly, you're alright. You're safe now." His hand grabs the inside door handle, before he slides the door open. The gush of the cool breeze is like the first intake of air after drowning. I quickly fling my body to Harrison, and he helps me out. Seconds later, as I am out of the car, multiple cop cars come flying in with their lights. "Burke is already detained. My partner already got him in handcuffs. You're safe now." I bawl into his chest; ugly loud sobs fall from my lips. He pats my back in circle motions as he tries to console me.

An ambulance comes rushing in after the cops cleared the scene. Harrison managed to uncuff me, quickly he pulled a blanket over my shoulders as we walked to the ambulance. "Alright Emberly, you're going to have to explain everything that happened, okay? I know it's hard, but we have to get that statement from you," I nod my head as the EMT's look me over.

I tell them the whole story as I'm being looked over.

"Alright, we're going to take you to the nearest hospital to Littletown alright?" I nod my head, anxious to see everyone. My eyes drift over to where they're shoving Burke into the back seat of a unit. Relief hits me like a broken damn when I see him in custody. "He's not going to hurt you again, you hear me?" Harrison's voice is firm as he looks me in my eyes, I believe him.

******

After a few hours, I'm left alone in my hospital room. The nurses are working on my discharge paperwork. The stress of tonight has my body completely exhausted. I just want Nolan.

I swallow the lump in my throat as I continue to wait. I play with the hem of my hospital gown. My eyes fall onto the clock, it's three thirty in the morning, everyone must be asleep. Taking in a shaking breath, my eyes water. I clear my throat, trying to swallow the lump.

Once again, I got lucky. I feel so grateful, so blessed that I get to see another day. That I made it safely.

There's a knock at the door before a young nurse quickly walks in, I wipe my eyes, she gives me a sympathetic smile. "Hey darling, here's your discharge paperwork. You're free to go. You did an incredible job Emberly. You were so brave." She places her hand on my arm, her soft brown eyes and comforting smile brings tears to my eyes. Her kindness means so much to me, there's not an ounce of judgment. She gives me a small smile before patting my hand and leaving out the door. I quickly get down and change back into the clothes I was wearing.

Instantly, I feel disgusted as I put them back on. I take a deep breath; I can easily change into something else when I get home.

Home.

A word so simple. I used to view the word home as a place I lived at, now the word home to me is a person, home really is where the heart is.

I grab my paperwork and head out to the lobby; the nurses shoot me small waves as I force a kind smile in return. Taking a deep breath, I open the door to the lobby, and I choke on my breath.

Nolan, Jeremy, Angie, Erick, Jason, Reagan, Molly, literally everyone -including John, stands up staring at me.

My eyes land on blood shot ocean blue eyes, instantly my eyes fill up with tears and my lip quivers.

It feels like slow motion, it's just us in our own little world, time ceases to exist in this moment.

A loud sob escapes my lips as I sprint to Nolan, he welcomes me with open arms as I jump and wrap my legs around his waist. I bawl. Loudly. Every emotion I've felt just explodes within me as he holds me. It's ugly-the sobs- they're loud, filled with emotion as I tighten my hold on Nolan, too scared that if I let go I'll lose him again. He must feel the same as his arms tighten around me as well.

After a few moments, my sobs turn into sniffles and I reluctantly pull away. Nolan's eyes peer into mine, his face is soaked in his own tears. Even when Nolan Benson cries, he's the most beautiful person I've ever seen.

"God, you're so fucking brave Emberly." He chokes out as more tears fall, both of his hands cup my cheeks, his large thumbs wipe away the falling tears. "I love you so fucking much. So fucking much, I thought I was going to lose you." His voice cracks as he swallows down the lump in this throat. I reach up and rest my forehead on his, I need his touch, his touch brings me to earth.

I pull away again and look around, Reagan and Jason both wipe away their tears. Misty lets them fall as she stares at me. "Sweetheart." She brings her hand with a tissue in it up to her mouth as her own tears fall. My eyes fall on John next, absolutely surprised to see tears fall from his eyes as well while he wraps his arms around his wife.

A voice clears behind us, I turn as Nolan wraps his arm around my shoulder, Harrison stands there before stepping closer. "I'll give you a call if we need anything else from you, Emberly.." He pauses before looking at John. "Alice is in custody, she's in there for conspiring for kidnapping." I nod my head and he gives a small smile before walking away.

Nolan's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Alice found my old Instagram account, she found a tag picture of Burke in it and then she reached out to him. Told him where I was." I say softly. Everyone looks shocked before it morphs to anger. I hold my hand up to Nolan. "Please, let it go, they're in custody, I want to go home." I hate how my voice cracks.

******

The hot water pours loudly out of the faucet in Nolan's huge bathtub. He turned on the jets as he put bubbles into the water, the lavender scent filled my nostrils, I took a deep breath, closing my eyes, I took in my surroundings as I ground myself. I'm safe now. I repeat in my head. Nolan's delicate fingertips grab the hem of my shirt. "May I?" I nod my head as he helps me out of my clothes, he follows suit. We both stand naked in front of each other, at this moment it isn't sexual, the tension between us feels like a charge of love. The mirrors steam up as Nolan turns off the water once it's where he wants it.

Nolan steps in first and I follow after him, his hands lead me to sit in between his legs, he pulls me back against his chest as he hugs me close.

It's silent between us, as we take in what happened, I tilt my head up, my nose rubs against Nolan's chin. He lets out a content hum as I place small quick kisses along his jaw. I turn towards him, the bubbles stick to my breasts, Nolan's eyes shoot down to look but they just as quickly look up into my eyes.

"I love you Nolan. With my whole heart."

His hand cups my cheek before bringing his lips down to meet mine in an earth shattering kiss.

The small splashes of water fall off my arms and into the tub as my arms wrap around Nolan's neck. His arms snake around my waist and pulls me closer, instantly my body tenses as my cunt brushes along Nolan's cock.

"Baby we should slow down." He says in between kisses.

I pull away and look into his hooded eyes. "I thought I was going to lose you Nolan, I thought I would never get to tell you that I love you. I don't want to slow down, I want you to make me forget. I want you to show me how much you love me. Make love to me, Nolan Benson. Claim me as yours in every single way."

Nolan's lips meet mine in a passionate kiss.