NINETEEN

MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME to fight like hell for the things that I want. She would tell me how it's my life, I choose the ending to my story.

But my mom wasn't prepared to tell her little girl that life is a bitch, and it doesn't work out that way for everyone.

I still fight like hell for my ending, given the situation I'm under. I claw, kick, punch, scream, and cry begging Burke to release me. He spun me around, kicking the door shut behind him as he slammed me into the mirror on the wall. The mirror cracks with a loud bang as my fingers scratch and pull at his fingers. My breath gets caught as I try to fight him off.

Burke throws me down on the floor, my head bangs into the floor, instant pain hits my head. I quickly come to my senses, staggering back, I try to create as much distance as I can between Burke and me.

His dark brown eyes stare into mine. His glower causes fear to run through me as he stalks forward. His sadistic smile grows as he sees the fear on my face. This man, this monster, has no sympathy or regret as he looks down at me. He craves the power he has over me.

"Now Emberly, why did you have to go be a slut." He snarls at me.

"Burke, please..please don't do this." I beg as I continue to move back, he lets out a terrifying chuckle that shakes me to the core.

"You should have just stayed with me. But no. You decided to run like a little bitch from me. Now, you're off being a slut." He spits. His pounding footsteps are loud as he continues to stalk forward. My back hits the staircase.

"Burke, please you could do so much better than me, w-why did-"

"Shut up." Burke's voice booms and I jump, my heart races and my fingers shake, fear is taking over my body, the panic is making it hard to breathe. "I love you; can't you see how loyal I am to you?" He squats down in front of me, his head tilts to the side. His terrifying stare bores into me.

"Please Burke, please don't do this." I beg as tears fall down my face, my lip quivers as I choke back my sob.

His tongue hits the root of his mouth, making a clicking noise, his brown eyes shine as he smiles. "I always did love making you cry." His finger runs down my face as he tilts his head. "You belong to me Emberly. I did everything to make sure you stayed mine." His eyes widen as his fingers scratch against his chin. The hairs on my neck stand up in fear.

"W-What do you mean?" My voice shakes as my lip bobbles.

"You don't really think your parent's death was an accident, do you?" His eyes stare into mine before tilting his head back in an evil laugh. "Oh, this is gold. You really thought-" He breaks out into more laughter, wiping the invisible tear from his eye, "Oh damn. I always knew you were one stupid bitch."

My heart breaks in half, I feel it fall to my stomach as I begin to sob. It was all my fault. I led Burke to them and now they're dead because of me.

"It was all their fault. I went there to knock some sense into them, but they just had to argue back. They really thought you were going to leave me. They became a threat, I had to get them out of my way. They were going to take you away from me. I couldn't- no I wouldn't let that happen. You're my doll." He stands up and rubs his hand against his forehead in frustration. "I think it's time to go. It's time to come home baby doll."

"No, no, no, no. Please no. Please leave. Please." I sob as he grabs my ankle pulling me down, my head hits the bottom staircase, the throbbing pain to my head causes me to scream.

"You can scream all you want but no one is going to hear you. Everyone is gone." He smirks before pulling something out of his back pocket. My eyes shoot to the cuffs and bandana. "We have a long road trip ahead of us, doll." I take the opportunity to get up and run up the steps as he tries to fix the cuff size. I fumble up the steps, taking multiple steps at once.

"You fucking bitch." He screams as he tries to reach me, he misses and slams down on the staircase. My heart pounds, my pulse can be felt in my ears as I run into the bathroom. Quickly I lock the door and run into the corner. There's no windows, there's no place to go but at least it buys me some time. I hope someone walks by and hears the noises or Holly or Nolan come back. I beg and plead as I sit here, waiting for my fate. "You're going to pay for that." Burke screams as I hear things being thrown and broken on the other side. I curl into a ball as I try to catch my breath. I scream and jump when there's a strong force against the door. And again as the force continues.

Eventually the door breaks and Burke's sadist smile slips through the broken crack.

"Now now, don't you know I love this game?" His feet kick against the door, broken wood flings everywhere, eventually falling off the hinges. Burke makes it through and I scream as loud as I can. My scream is muffled as Burke straddles me, fighting me he shoves the bandana into my mouth to silence me, I continue to fight, scream, claw, scratch, and kick against him. Burke is just too strong, he fights back and eventually he gets the handcuffs on my wrists.

The cuff digs into my skin, the sharp pain making me gasp. Burke picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. My body bounces aggressively with every running step Burke takes. He slams the front door before walking around to the back of the cabin where a minivan sits. "A friend let me borrow it, convenient and nice huh?" He throws me into the back seat where he lays me down on the floor. "I think I might just keep it, it could be good for our kids one day." he winks before getting out and shutting the door. He quickly gets into the driver's seat and starts the car.

My body jerks with every turn Burke makes.

I knew I should have gotten ahead of the problem. I shouldn't have ran, I knew I should have gone back. My eyes water with tears, my vision is blurry as I sob. My heart breaks at the amount of stress I'll be putting everyone under.

I'll never be able to tell Nolan that I love him.

Words that should have never gone unsaid will sit in my mind for the rest of my days, my words will never be free.