Chapter 14: Pick The World

"I'm not here to joke with you, Silas." I told him coldly.

"Now is that anyway to talk to your father?" He teased, but I was in a much more murderous mood than he. "Do I at least get a hug?"

"No, you get to leave with your head attached to your body." I snapped. "How dare you?"

"I was trying to help."

"By putting her life in jeopardy?" I asked in disbelief.

"Grace is perfectly fine." He told me with a pointed look. "You would know that if you had talked to her in the past couple years."

"To keep her safe!"

"How safe can she be if you are millions of miles away?" He shot back. "If it's protection you're after then stay by her side."

"Anastasia wants her dead." I continued. "If I do what she asks, then when the dust is settled, I can come home to her."

"What makes you think Anastasia is gonna want her any less dead after she's done with you?" My father asked.

"Anastasia doesn't lie. Unlike you." I shot back.

"Unless she's lying about that." Silas said with a shrug.

"I'm not interested in your conspiracy theories."

"Perhaps you're interested in some fatherly advice then." He told me. "Go home to your family. Stop punishing your daughter, stop punishing yourself. Whatever it is Anastasia is forcing you into, you do not have to do. No matter how powerful she is, she will never have what you have."

"An overbearing parent?"

"People who love you enough to fight to the death."

"I don't want anyone dying for me." I replied. "Besides, we're almost done with The Convergence."

"All this time she's had you working on the convergence?" Silas said in disbelief. "The only thing you are nearly done with is killing yourselves! Do you have any idea how impossible it is?"

"Probably about as impossible as creating a witch, immortal, human, werewolf vampire." I replied with a sarcastic smile.

"Oh next to The Convergence, you're about as extraordinary as a grain of sand." He said with a shake of his head. "I made you, restored Elliott's life and gave out the keys to the multiverse and even still I wouldn't go near The Convergence—think about that."

"I don't need to. What I need to think about is my daughter who you are endangering once again!" I snapped. "I don't want your help and I don't need it! All you ever do is ruin things! You changed my life and yes eventually I have come to accept who I am but that does not mean I have forgotten all the trauma that led to it. All of which you inflicted. I will not have that for Grace."

"Fiore—"

"No." I interrupted, refusing to stand down. "You are not to be anywhere near her ever again."

"You don't mean that."

"I do." I insisted. "Promise me that you will leave her alone. Forever."

"If that's what you want."

"It is."

"...Then alright." He agreed solemnly. "I'll stay away. I promise."

"Good."

With a curt nod, I sought to leave my father's home and put an end to his interference once and for all. But I couldn't help my curiosity.

"Did it work?"

"Did what work?"

"The spell to make her...to make her like me."

"No." He replied with a heavy sigh. "Lighting in a bottle."