Chapter 31: Oops?

A/N: Yes it is September now but it was August at the beginning so I'm saying it counts.

~Kol POV~

"Hellooooooo!" Kol called out when he finally arrived in New Orleans, trading the sunny skies of San Fransico for the never-ending drama of the French Quarter.

Rebekah immediately dashed to the entrance, blocking the three of them from coming any further.

"Bekah?" Asked Marcel, alarm bells already ringing. "Is everything alright? What's going on?"

"Everything is fine hubby dearest," she said, ignoring the simultaneous gagging of Kol and Davina. "I just wanted to warn you before you cross the threshold, it's going to hurt. A lot."

Marcel smirked, "I'm sure it's nothing I can't handle."

"We'll see."

The three of them crossed into the compound and the screams of Marcel and Davina were shaking the entire city. Kol quickly caught Davina in his arms as tremors wracked her body. He couldn't help but be concerned despite knowing she was strong enough to handle it.

The yells had caught the attention of the rest of the household and now Klaus, Elijah, Freya, Keelin and Hayley had joined them too. But sure enough the two recovered.

"How are you feeling?" Rebekah asked as she rubbed Marcel's back, though her smirk was tough to miss.

"That I was wrong to underestimate you, like always," Marcel replied. "...But also, relieved. I can't believe Fiore is real. My mother. I...Wow. New Orleans never changes."

"That is for damn sure," Davina added before turning to Kol. "This is insane."

Kol shrugged, "Honestly, this is the most normal life has felt in the last few years."

"Well if we're all reacquainted with the past, we need to discuss the future," said Klaus. "Anastaisa is—"

"Where is she?" Asked Kol. "And Grace for that matter?"

"She took Grace and Elliott to Greece to consecrate one of the other Fiore's bodies," Hayley explained.

"Elliott's back?"

"The other Fiore?"

Davina and Marcel asked, trading weary looks no doubt at the perpetual madness of the family they had married into.

"As I was saying," Klaus said, sending a look of disdain towards Kol. "There is a lot to catch you up on. Anastasia is—"

"Why didn't that hurt you?" Freya asked Kol, ignoring the exasperated Klaus.

"Excuse me?"

"The other two, they were in pain when the memories came back, but you were just fine," said Freya, eyes narrowed in suspicion. "Why is that?"

Kol grinned, "Because I am actually the strongest Mikaelson, despite the rest of you refusing to acknowledge it."

Marcel scoffed and Davina turned to him with a pointed look, "Kol..."

"Fine, fine," he said, though the smirk on his face remained legendary. "Perhaps I am not the strongest Mikaelson, but I am certainly the smartest. Which is why when Elijah was so insistent on us drinking a bottle of La fille en vert one summer night two years ago, I poured out my cup. Next thing I knew, no one remembered Fiore and I was very glad I had learnt my lesson from when mother pulled the same trick some twenty years ago."

"Wait, wait, wait..." Rebekah mumbled. "Are you telling me...that this whole time you knew?"

"Oops?"

"More importantly, you knew, and you never said anything?" Klaus asked, refusing to conceal his boiling rage.