Chapter 27: Coexisting Peacefully Without Imminent Threat

A/N: Don't say I don't love you because I was up till 5AM working on this to make sure you got your July update!

The Mikaelson family had gathered around the breakfast table in a dysfunctional display of unity as we readied ourselves for the next steps. The joy and misery of reuniting had to be tabled in favour of putting an end to Anastasia—a feat only Elliott knew how to accomplish.

"So, The Other Fiore was right, Anastasia is the physical embodiment of Time and killing her causes unimaginable consequences to all of existence," Elliott began.

"Aren't you supposed to be telling us something we don't know?" Grace said, with obvious disdain.

"Grace!" Her father and I said scoldingly in unison. She rolled her eyes but didn't protest any further, whilst Klaus and I's eyes met in a moment of spontaneous harmony.

My return to New Orleans had been a series of ups and downs and there was no end in sight. I had barely been back a day and Klaus was already trying to tame me so we could return to picturesque pretend dreamland. But I didn't want to go back. I wanted to move forward as I was and if Klaus couldn't fit into that, then I would move forward without him too.

...But that didn't mean I couldn't enjoy him for other reasons.

"As I was saying, killing her has dire consequences, but we can strip her of her powers and put them into someone else," he continued.

"You mean you?" Hayley asked, clearly alarmed by the prospect.

"No, I already have my role in time. I mean Fiore."

"Me?" I balked at the idea. "The last time I took on more power I died, almost taking everyone with me."

"What? Where was I?" Asked Grace.

I shrugged, "Being a baby. I've got two millenniums on you love, try not to be so surprised you weren't there for a lot of it."

"I didn't mean you, Fiore. Trust me, I don't want a repeat of that anymore than you do," said Elliott. "I mean The Other Other Fiore."

"One problem there, she's dead," added Freya.

"Nice going Fiore!" Hayley said with a sarcastic cheer.

"Actually, it's a lot easier to do because she's dead," Elliott sheepishly corrected.

"Would you look at that Hayley?" I said with a false smile. "I saved your life yet again, despite the fact anyone else in my position would have killed you after your first indiscretion."

"You can try me now."

"Don't threaten me with a good time."

"How about no one threatens anyone?" Elijah interjected with a loud clearing of his throat. "We have enough threats to worry about before we start throwing our own into the ring."

"Of course Elijah," I replied with a practice smile. "I'll grant Hayley mercy as I have done many times before."

The hybrid was seething across the table from me but we both knew any attempt from her would be futile. Not only was I infinitely more powerful than her, but Elijah was right, we needed to deal with Anastasia.

"Unless anyone wants to interrupt with more angry yells, I'll go on shall I?" Asked Elliott as he looked around the table of shaky alliances. "Okay then. So we take The Other Other Fiore—"

"Fiore 2," Freya interjected.

"Right, we take Fiore 2 to her ancestral homeland, consecrate her body there, allowing her magic to flow back into the earth and then we bring the body back, sans magic, ready to hold onto Anastasia's Time magic and then we can put her down for good."