Chapter 26: The Enemy Within the Walls

A/N: Not to toot my own horn...but I ate with this one

~Klaus POV~

"KLAUS! KLAUS!"

Even though their last conversation had ended miserably, the sound of her panicked yells still hurt Klaus. He rushed to her room only to pause when he realised she wasn't even in there.

"Fiore?"

"In here!"

Her voice was coming from the bathroom and Klaus could hear the sound of the running shower. He hesitantly walked in, only to find Fiore in the shower, seemingly fine. And as every drop of water cascaded down her form, he found it harder to remember why he was angry at her.

He was just about to catch his breath when she turned to him with a seductive smile that sent fire running through his veins.

"I thought you were in trouble," he mumbled, unable to retrieve his eyes from the delicate arches of her body.

"I am," she said. "I need a towel."

Klaus' eyes narrowed, "You know where the towels are."

"It's been a while, I forgot."

He rolled his eyes but nonetheless stepped into the bedroom and picked out a towel from the closet. He walked back into the bathroom to give it to her where she was now standing in front of the mirror. They locked eyes in the foggy glass, and he was unsure how he had survived the heat of her stare.

"Thanks."

She took the towel but rather than use it to clothe herself, she simply waltzed back into her bedroom. She used it to wipe down the water, taking care to elongate her every limb and accentuate her every curve.

Klaus didn't know where to look.

"Don't look so scandalised," she said, even as her tongue ran across her lips. "Nothing you haven't seen before."

For a second, Klaus had every intention to throw to caution and give into every decadent thought running through his head. But Fiore was his only one. The love of his life. His eternity. Papering over their intellectual barriers with the physical would only cause further heartache in the end.

And without his Blossom, his heart was already aching.

"Fiore, what are you doing?" Klaus asked with a sigh.

"Nothing." She wrapped the towel around her body and opened the door with a smile that swiftly made him putty in her hands. "Thanks for the towel."

**********************************************************************************

It would be a little over an hour before Klaus would see Fiore again.

"The kids need breakfast," Fiore said as she walked into his bedroom. He wasn't wearing a shirt and Fiore took full of advantage of the situation as she unabashedly gazed at his chest.

"I'll let the staff know."

"I sent them home."

"Now why would you do that?"

"Well I'm not supposed to exist, so I figure the less people who see me here the better," she replied with a shrug. "But my children still need to eat so..."

"How rich of you to send home our staff without a plan to feed our children," Klaus said with a glare. "I suppose I'm supposed to sort out breakfast?"

"Well it certainly won't be me. Unless you want another January 1927 on your hand."

Klaus couldn't help but laugh, "That's true. I've never seen worse fires...Fine. I'll be down in 5."