Chapter 21: But I Loved Freedom More

A/N: Skipped December oops! But I am trying to be better promise!

~Klaus POV~

"So Grace was telling the truth?" Hayley asked Klaus.

"Yes."

"You're Fiore?"

"Guilty!" Fiore replied with a shrug.

"Grace's mom who made us all forget who she was to take down a demon sister?"

"Great, so you've got it," said Fiore, but Hayley was still reeling.

"I am trying not to freak out right now, but this is the craziest thing to happen in this household and we've had a resurrected miracle baby," Hayley said with a shake of her head.

"Well look what you've done with the place! A definite upgrade from the one I'm used to."

They all turned to see yet another Fiore, walking in with Grace at her side. Before she could see the recently returned Fiore, Klaus grabbed his daughter and in seconds had her in her room.

"Uhhh, hello to you too, Dad."

"What are you doing here?" Klaus asked, even as his mind ran rampant with thoughts of the second Fiore.

"Well I went back to school, ready to wait for you to find Mom but then I found her—well a version of her from another timeline—and she convinced me to come back," she explained. "She thinks Mom will come back here too. And any other Fiores walking around."

"Hm."

"So judging by the fact you're trying to lock me in my room, you didn't find her."

"I found her."

"So she's here?" Klaus didn't answer. "Figures."

"I want to have answers for you," he said with a sigh. "But it's not that simple."

"When is it ever?" Asked his daughter as she crossed her arms in frustration.

"I promise, I will give you an explanation as soon as I can. In the meantime..." Klaus pulled out a few letters from Fiore's journal that he had deemed child appropriate. "I hope these can put some things into context."

"I don't get it. What is this?" She asked.

"My relationship with your mother has always been complicated to say the least, so I'm used to dealing with conflicting emotions with her. But it has always been quite simple for you two, I can only imagine how pained you feel," he said with sympathetic eyes. "Hopefully these can help you make some sense of them."

"Dad, I—" Grace didn't finish her sentence and instead embraced her father in an all-consuming hug. "Thank you."

"Anything for you," he pressed a kiss to the top of her head before pulling away with a manic smile. "Now if you'll excuse me, I believe I have a couple pressing issues to attend to."

"So when can this princess leave her tower?"

"Once this king has a little more clarity on the queen."

And with that, Klaus returned to the courtyard where the two Fiores were carefully examining each other. Grace's Fiore seemed to be excited by the meeting whilst his seemed more annoyed than anything. The others remained completely bewildered by the turn of events.

"Now Fiore 2, I understand you chose motherhood but do you have to dress so...matronly?" Grace's Fiore asked.

"It's called evolution." His replied. "And for your information, I am no Fiore 2."