Chapter 30: Power and Love

One flight and a boat ride later, and we were walking to my father's home in Greece. The trip was already off to a tragic start, as I could not get Elliott and Grace to share so much as two words. I was sure they would have patched up their issues by now, but it seemed this issue would not be cleared up so easily.

"Welcome to Greece, my babies," I announced, spreading my hands and gesturing to my home country. "Mystic Falls could never."

My children groaned in unison, "Mom, please don't try to be cool." Said Grace, shaking her head in embarrassment.

"I was trying to appeal to your youth!"

"It just reminded me you are well over two thousand years old," Elliott added.

"Tough crowd," I muttered, before heading up the stairs to my father's villa.

I knocked on Silas's door and waited patiently for his arrival. Much to my surprise, I met an equally surprised counterpart.

"Fiore?" We both said at the same time.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me.

"This is my father's house, I should be asking you that question," I said with a frown.

"Fiore, who is it?" My father said when he joined us. "Fiore! You're here! Fiore, why didn't you tell me?"

"Who are you talking to?" I asked and he sighed.

"This two Fiore thing is quite complicated," he said. "We need a way to tell you apart."

"I am not Fiore 2!" The Other Fiore said.

"Well perhaps you are Fiore 3 then, because I am clearly Fiore 1."

Elliott huffed a laugh, "This will be fun."

**********************************************************************************

The five us were sitting in the dining room, our bags dropped, and our differentiators decided. I was Fiore 'Love', and she was Fiore 'Power'. I don't think either of us were really in love with the monikers, but at least it was fair.

Silas and Power had made us dinner and I was damn near queasy at the sight of them. I didn't think when I sent her here she would bond this deeply with my father, but it was unsettling to say the least.

"It is so amazing to have you all here," Silas said with a beam. "Grace, Elliott, Power and Love, my heart feels so full."

"I'm sure," I muttered, a brow raised in scepticism.

"I cannot wait to show you the sights," Silas continued, undeterred by my lack of enthusiasm. "I can show you where Love and I met, where we used to practice magic—ooh my favourite restaurant!"

"You guys have to visit Gyro, the gyros are to die for," said Power. "Silas and I go all the time now, we're practically part of the staff."

"Well as nice as that would all be, we've eaten now and we really don't have much time to explore," I said, abruptly getting to my feet and ignoring the confused looks from the kids. "We need to consecrate the other Fiore."

"Mom, you forced me to come here and now you want the whole trip to be about this?" Grace asked in disbelief. "No way! I want the gyros to die for."

"Grace, don't talk to your mother that way," Silas scolded.

"I don't need your help," I seethed, before turning to my child. "Another time, right now this is the priority, and you knew that."

Grace pouted, folding her arms across her chest, but said no more. I did feel bad, considering I had promised her a bit more than my father's house, but being here made me realise I was not yet ready to be with my father again.