twenty-nine.

Tessa's POV

"I NEED SOME AIR," I admitted, turning away from her.

"I need to think," she murmured. "Meet me in the throne room in one hour." With that, she walked briskly out of the room without looking at me.

I glared at a case of bookshelves and teleported myself at the front gates of the castle. I looked down at my wrist and as I conjured my watch, I watched it shimmer around my arm. I clicked a few buttons and set a timer for an hour.

I couldn't wait to get away from all of this. To be honest, I haven't even thought about what I'm going to or what I even want to do when I get back home.

Should I run away and protect my family? Be constantly on the move so that I won't put anyone I love in danger? My mother might show me how to utilize my powers and protect myself, but I can't be responsible for anyone else anymore.

I wasn't lying to Clio when I said that.

Or should I stay with my family and put them in danger every damn second of every day? Live life on edge and always worry about Thanos or my father showing up and hurting someone. I love Tony and Steve and everyone else too much to gamble with their lives like that.

They are people too. They don't deserve to have to protect me, even if they want to.

My eyes stung with angry tears as the warm wind gently brushed against my cheeks. I scowled slightly as I raked my eyes over the planet.

I started walking.

Or should I just live here instead? Edna said she can feel when someone is sent or banished here, so she would be able to detect if someone came for me. But is she willing to help protect me? Or does she only care about herself?

I mean, she couldn't even protect me when Layla kidnapped me all those years ago, and she even admitted to trying to just forget it ever happened.

Truth be told, there was nothing she could really do. She couldn't come find me, she didn't have any allies to help her search for me. But I just can't get over it.

I can't forget like she did.

But I'm going to have to try. I won't admit this to her, but once I get what I need from her, I will never return here.

This place holds nothing but bad memories for me. I need to leave it in the past, along with many other things.

I found myself drifting towards an empty patch of grass right next to the lake, hidden between a canopy of trees. I plopped down and rested my elbows on top of my knees, holding my head in my hands.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I won't make any big decisions now until Edna tells me what she can do for me, or teach me. Maybe she knows a protection spell that will keep me safe and under the radar, maybe she can teach me how to use my powers to their fullest, maybe...

So my mother doesn't know why human weapons hurt me. That's lovely, but I guess I can make it work.

Nothing being invisible or teleporting can't fix, I guess.

I also remember that she said that no one is more powerful than me and her. I don't know if I quite believe her on that subject, considering she was banished. She must not be as powerful as she thinks she is. So I won't let that get to my head either.

Maybe I should warn Thor about what she said about killing Odin. As much as I don't like Odin, if my mother is as powerful and ignorant as she says she is, then she shouldn't be allowed to roam free. Who knows what she would cause, or do.

The Dark World (book 2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें