twenty-five.

QOTC: what grade are you guys in in school?

I'm a senior, thank God. I can't stand my school anymore.

Hope you guys enjoy!!

* * * * *
Three weeks later

Tessa's POV

"NOTHING BAD HAS HAPPENED YET. You could still stay, Tess," Steve suggested. He wouldn't look at me, but he kept playing with my fingers.

"I've thought about it, and even though you're right, I don't ever want my powers to come back. I don't want anything to do with this life. Going to Asgard was a complete failure, and I feel most safe going back to my mom. I think she'd help me if I wanted them to go away. Hell, she might even take them away for me," I laughed lightly.

I was back at my apartment. I knew I couldn't stay at Stark Tower forever, and though I enjoyed Steve and Tony's company, I found myself wanting to be alone sometimes. They hovered too much; tried to make sure I was always okay.

I heard a knock on the door. Steve jumped up from the couch to check the peephole and opened it immediately once it was Tony. My eyes wandered to the spot where Steve had just sat, and my brain tricked me by creating a shimmering appearance on Loki in the same spot, months ago.

I've been doing okay. I don't cry about it at night anymore, food is edible once again, and everything that happened in Asgard and Greenwich is almost in the back of my mind.

I stood up to walk into Tony's open arms, and he wrapped one hand around my back and the other on the back of my head. He sighed, "I'm not sure if I can just let you go like that again."

"Trust me, I'm sure she doesn't want me there anymore than I want to be there myself. I just need her to show me how to not use my powers. To put them away where I won't ever see them again. It'll be even better if she takes them for me," I mumbled.

He pulled away. Steve said, "You're a magnet for trouble though, so don't you think you should still keep them? Like locked away or something?"

I shrugged, "I guess. But they just keep popping up out of nowhere. I obviously have no control over them anymore, so I need help from the one person who knows more about it than I do. Besides, maybe she can also teach me how to defend myself against my father, or Clio or whatever."

I think Clio was the one who made me blind and deaf. Maybe my father was the one who made time literally stop. It would make sense considering sound was the first thing that disappeared, and Clio started profusely bleeding right after it happened.

From what I can tell, she can take away the five senses or more.

My father seems to be able to stop, or possibly even control, time, and my mother is Mother Nature...

Something doesn't seem right about that.

"Just... don't take too long okay? I support any decision you make but I just got you back, Tess," Tony laughed lightly.

I sighed. "I know. I promise it won't be long."

"How do you think you'll get there?" Steve asked from the couch.

Good question.

"Um, I'm pretty sure I can just call for Heimdall like Thor did and he should hear me. All I have to do is tell him where I need to go and it shouldn't take more than five seconds for me to get there." I said.