twenty-two.

Hey guys!

How have you been?

Thank you so much for the neverending, continuous love and support for this series even though I'm honestly a terrible writer for leaving it all the time.

Let me know how you guys have been, I'd love to know.

QOTC: Whats a 2019 New Years resolution you have?

If I'm gonna be honest, I'm trying to stop drinking soda cuz why not lol

* * * * *

Tessa's POV

IT FELT REALLY GOOD to not have to worry about myself. As selfish as it sounds, it made me feel really good. It felt good to know they still love me, even after making that horrible mistake of going to Asgard.

I should've known.

Nothing will ever go right again. Ever since I learned about myself, my heritage, name, powers...my life will never be the same.

I think my biggest problem is that I don't know how to cope with it. Or, you know, process it all. It still doesn't feel real. Loki was the one who helped me through it all.

In my apartment, he protected me from my fake Aunt and Uncle. He protected me from the Jotuns when we went to the coffee shop. He saved me before he died...

He was very powerful. I know he was. He was smart, careful, strategic...but I am too. But loving him made me weak. I'm sure he feels...felt...the same way. We might've been too good for each other.

That's why he was taken from me. His story was over, but mine is just beginning. It's just not fair. I wanted him to be here with me through it all still.

Now all I'm left with are memories I took for granted. I didn't think he'd be ripped away from me so quickly...

"Tessa, you want to go do something?" A head poked into my room; I didn't bother looking to see who it was. I haven't left this bed since I appeared in Stark Tower a week ago. It takes too much from me to even lift a finger.

"I-...I don't think so. Thanks though," I replied from under the covers. I heard a sigh.

"Honey," Steve said.

Uh, what...?

That was enough for me to bring the covers down enough to show him my bewildered expression.

He laughed. "Gotcha!"

I rolled my eyes and lightly smirked. "You know I don't like pet names."

"Buuuuut," he drawled out, walking closer to my bed before taking a seat, "-you do like breakfast, right? Why don't we go get some? Just me and you?"

I didn't know what to think. Was I stable enough to go out in public and enjoy a nice breakfast? What happens if someone comes up to me and says, "Hey, I saw you on TV! You were in that crazy fight happening in England!" I'd just break down.

"What's wrong with the food here?" I asked.

Steve shrugged. "I just thought I'd get you back into the normal world. Given, you did say you wanted that. To be normal again, right?"