3

"So, will she be okay?" I ask, taking a deep breath as I speak to one of the paramedics.

"Yes, yes. She'll be fine, we just need to get her to hospital to make sure everything is okay, thank you for helping her," She replies, smoothing out the hair of her bun, appearing particularly stressed.

"Of course."

"Y/N?" I turn around and I'm met with Emma. I shoot her a smile, but I quickly realise she isn't alone as the man who called the ambulance awkwardly stands beside her.

"Oh, hi?" I almost ask. I must appear confused, as Emma looks at my face and the stranger.

"Hey, uh, this guy said he knows you?" Emma questions.

"Oh," I respond, my eyes moving over to the man. Something about him seems familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

"Yeah, you probably don't remember me. We went to school together, I was in your english class," He says, rubbing the back of his neck as his eyes meet the ground. My eyes widen suddenly as I'm hit with an epiphany.

"Oh my god! Harry? Harry Lewis?" I ask, but it sounds more like a statement.

"Yep," He smiles.

"Oh wow, I genuinely cannot believe it. How've you been?" I ask as I can practically feel excitement flow through me, however Emma gets there first.

"I'll give you guys some privacy. I'll catch u at home, Y/N," Emma jests, winking at me before walking off. Harry seems to have noticed, great.

"Ignore her," I awkwardly grin, Harry sending me what appears to be a smile of relief.

"Yeah, I've been good. What have you been up to?" He asks.

"Oh, I'm a journalist now,"

"Oh wow, that's amazing!" He grins.

"Yeah, it's a great job," I laugh, he's one of the first people who seems genuinely interested by my job. Most people assume it's extremely boring.

"What about you?" I ask in return.

"Well, it's a bit embarrassing, but I do Youtube," He replies, an awkward laugh following his response.

"So, you continued it all this time?" I almost smile to myself. Harry appears taken aback.

"You remember that?"

"Of course, Youtube was your thing in high school! I used to think you were so cool for that," I laugh at his shock. Before Harry can reply his phone buzzes in his pocket. He gives me an apologetic look before answering it as his face appears to drop.

"Speaking of which, I'm almost late for a shoot. I'm so sorry, I've got to go," He says.

"Oh, no worries, it's all good," I reply, but just before I'm about to say goodbye he has a final thing to say.

"Do you think I could give you my number? Maybe we could meet up again, chat about old, embarrassing high school memories," He asks. Now it's my turn to be taken aback.

"Oh, yeah, yeah," I almost whisper. Harry pulls a pen out of his jacket pocket and grabs my hand, pulling it towards him. I can't even question why he conveniently has a pen in his pocket as I can feel my face redden at the physical contact.

"Cool, so I'll give you a text?" 

"Sounds good. It was great seeing you again, Y/N," He says, disappearing in the crowded street. I look down at my hand to read his number and smile.

-------

A/N: Thank you all so much on the support on the book so far, it means so, so much to me! I hope you all have a wonderful day x