47

"Hey, how was your trip?" Emma grins as I walk into the door, taking my bags to allow me to slam the door behind me. Great. Enlightening. Relaxing. Awkward. Tense. Depressing. Arguably, each one of those words is accurate to my experience, but my brain cannot pick which one is the most appropriate. Instead I stand in the middle of the room, my eyebrows raising and my mouth moving but with no sounds to correspond. 

"I'll take that as an 'alright' then?" Emma chuckles to herself as she approaches me, arms open and welcoming as she invites me into a hug. Emma's hugs are by far the best and the most comforting; perhaps it's because she's the person I'm closest to. 

"Sure," I say before slumping down on the couch, pulling my phone out of my pocket and scrolling briefly but Emma doesn't move. My gaze lifts from my phone to be met with a confused Emma, and I can tell in this moment that our expressions are identical.

"What are you doing?" I ask with a puzzled chuckle.

"I could ask you the same," She jests, crossing her arms as I shake my head from side to side.

"Am- Am I missing something?" 

"Uh, yeah? Did you forget we're going to a sidemen shoot today?" She replies, her arms flailing around her as her body remains stiff. I'm still confused.

"What? I didn't agree to that?" I comment, my brain going a million miles an hour as it tries to recall ever making such an agreement.

"I told you. Ethan asked me and I told you when you and Harry came back from..." Emma's face turns as red as a tomato as she bows her head in embarrassment, "Okay, so maybe I didn't but you and Harry were busy!" She claims.

"Emma, what am I meant to do?" I ask, practically jumping from the couch and finding the nearest mirror to check my appearance.

"What do you mean?"

"I can't have Harry see me like this, I look like I'm fucking dead!" I shriek as my hands comb through my slightly greasy hair and my makeup-free face.

"You've still got an hour before we need to leave," Emma tries to comfort me but sounding rather like she's trying to convince herself. I shoot Emma a unamused look as I rush into my bedroom with my suitcase, tugging down the zips swiftly as I feel the panic sensation kick in. I'm not prepared to see him, I'm not prepared to address him, I'm not prepared to address us. I don't have a choice, I'm being thrown in the deep end, forced to face Harry head-on.

-------

A/N: Hello, long time, no see! Hope you enjoyed and make sure to vote if you can. Hope you're all taking care of yourselves xox