40

"Well don't you two look happy," Freezy jests, claiming a free seat as is own. By now Harry and I have had too many drinks to even count, mostly Harry's fault as he was the one ordering them. At the start of the night I didn't want to even go near him with a barge pole and yet now it's just like old times - when we first met again, when we were never away from each other, when I met his friends. All of that, of course, before Harry royally fucked things up.

"Jesus christ, how much have you two had?" Freezy's eyes roam the table which is now littered with empty glasses, Harry and I looking at each other before bursting into a fit of giggles. It's fair to say that we may have had about five too many, but today's a celebration right?

"I think the two of you need to get home," Tobi sings, appearing behind Callum and leaning his weight onto his shoulders. Callum screws his face up at Tobi's actions, making Harry grin before letting out a chuckle.

"Is that your way of trying to kick us out, Tobi?" I joke, "Not s-so subtle if you ask me!" I laugh, Harry also laughing a bit too hard at my rather lame joke. Tobi and Callum exchange a funny look before walking away, Harry and I both too absorbed in our own world to even notice.

-----

Harry and I continue to howl and roar as we stumble down the busy London streets, occasionally bumping into passers-by and chuckling to each other afterwards. The crisp cold air of the night almost shocks our bodies, the wind causing our eyes to water as we hastily make our way down the streets. We end up getting distracted by the rows and rows of brightly illuminated shops, taking every opportunity to explore the offers in each. Harry and I stumble around in one particular shop, trying on different pairs of sunglasses as we snap selfies in the colourfully painted mirrors. The shopkeeper shakes his head in disapproval as we quickly run out of the shop, continuing to laugh and stumble as we make our way to my apartment building.

"Hmm, I had fun tonight," Harry admits, his eyes not breaking contact with mine, unusual for the man. Alcohol seems to have this strange effect on him. I hum in response as I impulsively take his hands in mine, swinging them around gently. We continue to chuckle to ourselves as our eyes meet the floor, both of us seemingly questioning what to do next. 

Without hesitation I lift my head to meet Harry's stare, reaching in to plant a quick kiss on his cheek before pulling away to walk up the stairs, turning to glance at him once I reach the top. Harry looks stunned, standing limply with his mouth hung open and I can't help but smirk at his expression. Harry waves goodbye with a similar smirk, turning to continue on his way home as I watch him leave, content at heart.

-------

A/N: Hello! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and make sure to vote if you can, it's very much appreciated and does wonders for the story. Hope you're all taking care of yourselves and stay hydrated!