19

"You know, this isn't really my thing," Harry admits, walking into the kitchen where I'm making punch, with two bottles of vodka in his hands.

"I have to admit, I was surprised when you said you were throwing a party," I laugh, stirring my alcoholic mixture like a witch.

"I can't lie, this was definitely all my attempt to impress you," He reveals, putting down the bottles and hugging me from behind, wrapping his strong arms around me. I feel myself melt like butter in his embrace, my worries drifting away like clouds.

"You don't have to do this, you know," I tell him.

"No, no, I said I wanted to impress you, and I will," He says, nodding his head as he speaks, sounding very determined which made a smile appear on my face.

"I consider myself already impressed, Mr. Harold. So we could always just say you're sick and, you know...hang out, just the two of us?" I say, raising my eyebrow to entice him in and make the idea sound irresistible. Harry seems to be deeply considering it, that is, before JJ walks by, whistling before turning to us.

"Yo, where are we ordering from? I was thinking Domino's since it's a cheat day," He asks, pulling Harry out of his thoughts. Harry and I exchange a look of disappointment before I agree with JJ on Domino's.

"Well," Harry sighs, "Guess theres no backing out now," He laughs. I slap his arm with a playful smirk as he walks away. I continue setting up and googling cocktail recipes before Tobi joins me in the kitchen. 

"Oh, hello, it's Y/N, right?" Tobi asks as he searches the cupboards, for what? I'm not sure.

"Yeah, and you're... Tobi?" I ask to which he nods his head with a grin.

"So you're dating Harry then?" he asks. I just stare blankly at him, once again unsure of how to respond. My mouth eventually opens to speak, but I can't seem to find the words no matter how hard I try.

"Right, it's okay, I get it," He smiles, I can only assume to attempt to comfort me, "Relationships; they're complicated," He laughs, seemingly almost at himself. Theres a moment of silence between us as Tobi continues to raid the cupboards. The atmosphere feels similar to that of a funeral; uncomfortable, cold and awkward. 

"Want one?" Tobi asks as he heads for the door, holding the packet of sweets out to me. I gladly grab one before thanking him as he continues on his way.

"Oh and good luck with you're Harry situation, that boy's like a maze!" 

"Oh, thank you," I laugh, feeling a tad uncomfortable at his remark.

"You'll need it," He says under his breath before finally leaving the room. Now that, that struck a nerve. I'll need it? Is there something everyone else knows that I don't? I continue looking online as my mind swirls like a dust devil. I could just be paranoid, but I can't shake the gut wrenching feeling of betrayal. I push the thoughts away to the back of my mind as I continue making cocktails, putting on the best fake smile I can do. It's not a struggle though, If I'm honest, pretending everything is okay with Harry is becoming my specialty.

-------

A/N: Hello, hello! Sorry for the long wait on this chapter, life's been hectic recently. Hope you all enjoyed and thank you for the support.