16

"Harry?" I ask, knocking on Harry's door. I briefly glance down at my phone before I hear a shuffle coming from Harry's flat. I look around my surroundings, feeling slightly uncomfortable and praying Harry will let me in soon, but he doesn't answer. I knock again.

"Harry, I know you're in, I can hear you. Look," I sigh, keeping my hand on the door as I look to my feet, feeling rather embarrassed, "I'm not here to argue, I just want to talk."

To my surprise, Harry still doesn't answer, instead, this time I can hear Harry speaking on the other side of the door. I hastily press my ear to the door, desperately trying to hear what he's saying, or rather, who he's talking to?

The door opens abruptly, causing me to swing my head back. Harry's face appears at the door, but he seems to almost stand guard of the door, prompting me to wonder why.

"Hey," Harry says, seeming slightly short of breath. I go to speak but my eyes can't help but scan his body as I realise he's only in his boxers. I swallow harshly, immediately feeling guilty as I can't help but be attracted to the sight.

"H-," I have to attempt the word again, "Hi." 

Well done, Y/N, smooth.

"Is everything alright?" Harry asks, moving an arm up to rest on the door, the act making my breath hitch. I mentally cuss him out for making me feel, well, attracted to him. Now's really not the time.

"Yeah, I just wanted to talk to talk about what happened," I admit, feeling flustered.

"Oh okay, sure," We stand there staring at each other for a moment. I expect Harry to invite me in but it never happens, so I decide to take matters into my own hands.

"Could I come in for a bit?" I ask, stepping slightly closer to Harry and the door.

"No, wait," Harry stops me, seeming to instantly regret the words that come out of his mouth. We once again awkwardly stare at each other before I continue.

"Oh, why not?" I ask. Perhaps it sounds a bit forward, but I'd much rather get this conversation over and done with. Harry looks panicked as he thinks of a response.

"It's just...I'm reorganising," Lies. Absolute lies. Don't get me wrong, from the small part of Harry's flat I can see it screams messy, but as soon as he speaks I get a terrible feeling in my gut. At first, I try to believe him, but it's only a matter of seconds before I admit I can't lie to myself.

"...Right," I respond, unsure of how to go forward. As I go to speak again I hear a noise come from behind Harry and I begin to feel a sense of fear and worry for him.

"What was that?" I ask, faintly scrunching my face up.

"What was what?" Harry chuckles.

"That noise? It came from behind you," I reply, trying to get a look at what's behind him. Harry's face adopts the same worried expression as mine before he turns round to examine his flat, but I can't help but feel like it's for a different reason.

"Know what, Harry, I'll come back another time. No, actually, you can message me when you're ready, this clearly isn't a great time for you," I say bluntly, turning on my heel and storming away, not even waiting on a reply.

-------

A/N: Two chapters within a day? What on earth is happening! Lol, anywayyy, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, stay safe <3