24

"Oh, piss off, Y/N."

Life was going great for me. I made some new friends, Emma and I have never been closer and my relationship with Harry was finally official. Well, what I mean to say is it was going great up until this very moment. You see, I've just made the grave error of asking Harry about the strange looks that keep being exchanged by his friends whenever we speak of our relationship.

"I'm not thick, Harry. I know everyone knows something I don't!" I yell back in retaliation.

"Y/N, no they don't, you're seeing things, honestly man," Harry rubs his temples, pacing around my bedroom, "What is it about this place? Why do we always argue here?"

"I don't know," I admit, "But stop distracting me from my point! I know I'm not seeing things, Harry. They all looked shocked when we told them at the restaurant and last week at your get- together they all did it again," My voice is slightly calmer this time, hoping this might convince Harry to tell me the truth.

"Oh my god, Y/N! No they didn't! That's what I'm trying to tell you, that never happened!" Harry yells back, denying my request to speak calmly.

"Hey, guys, calm down. You don't need to shout, you know," Emma states, appearing in my doorway.

"Yeah, sorry," I fake a smile at Emma as she leaves, turning round to see Harry with tightly clenched fists and jaw. He uses both hands to lean on my desk, staring at the decor on my shelves, before turning to face me again.

As I'm about to speak again Harry's phone begins to ring. A look of sheer panic hits his face as he rushes to grab his phone out of his pocket and reject the call. He stares at his phone a while longer before it rings again, Harry mimicking his actions of before.

"Look, Harry, I don't want to argue about this. I just thought you're friends would be happy for us," I admit.

"They are, Y/N," He takes my hands in his and pulls me up to stand in his embrace, his hands wrapping round my waist. We sway slightly as be both take a deep sigh, "I promise, okay, they are happy for us."

Harry's phone rings again, causing me to pull back from him but his arms have me trapped. I furrow my eyebrows as Harry looks nervous. Why?

"Who the fuck is that? They've called you three times now," I ask, finally breaking free to check my own phone. Harry rejects the call once more.

"Do you want to stay? Think Emma's making chicken risotto for dinner," I ask, shooting Harry a smile hoping he recognises this olive branch.

"Sorry, I've got to go," He says with an awkward smile, grabbing his jacket before leading me out of the room, "I'm meeting someone."

"Who?" I ask as Harry puts his shoes on, my arms now folded feeling very unamused. What game is he playing? If he wants me to be jealous then he's already won.

"Okay, I'll call you tonight," He says, giving me a long, passionate kiss before rushing out of the door. I stand there dumbfounded. What the fuck?

-------

A/N: Heyy, hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I'm not rlly a hand person, but his veins in the pic? Ooft, that's all I'm sayin...