27

"She doesn't know?" Simon blurts out, his hand flying towards his mouth as he realises what he's let slip. I fucking knew it. Talia is immediately on damage control.

"Have you spoken to Harry about this, Y/N?" Talia asks, her eyes now wide and burning into mine as if she's searching for the answer before I respond.

"Well, yes, but he just told me I was delusional," I chuckle slightly at the end in hopes to lighten the conversation, but the couple across from me just continue to stare with faces of stone.

"How long have you felt like this?" Simon asks leaning forward. This feels like an interrogation. This feels like a trap.

"I sort of noticed at the beginning but I didn't really know what to do about it," I admit. Simon and Talia look to each other once more, the atmosphere of the room growing cold around us.

"You see, Y/N...I...we," Talia begins, her voice getting stuck in her throat mid sentence, "I just don't think...we're the ones who should tell you," She finally manages to squeak out.

Realisation hits me like a truck at high speed. My heart feels like it's in my mouth once I've really realised what has just happened. Confirmation. I was right. I'm not delusional, and Harry is hiding something.

"Don't worry. I just feel relieved to know I'm not losing my head!" I laugh, holding my head and fixing my hair.

"I'm really sorry, Y/N." Talia apologises, her and Simon now holding hands and appearing sympathetic.

"No, it's okay. If anything I'm sorry for asking you guys, that wasn't fair on you. I'm really sorry," I say, my voice now sounding desperate as when I say it out loud I understand how poorly I've treated them.

"It's alright, it's understandable," Simon tries to console me, Talia dragging him so they can join me on the couch, "Listen, I'd try speak to Harry again. Just be honest with him and stand your ground, and if he gives you a hard time just tell me and I'll certainly sort him out, yeah?" Simon jokes, pretending to flex his muscles and act tough, earning himself laughs from Talia and I.

"Seriously, thank you guys," I smile, feeling a delayed sense of relief wash over me as my anxiety leaves my body. Normally, I'd feel annoyed that I still don't know the secret, but for now I feel content knowing that I was right.

-------

"I was fucking right, Emma!," I screech with excitement as I burst through the door, "They confirmed it, and I was right!" I continue as I take my shoes off and hang up my coat.

Emma groans, "Y/N..." She begins as I turn around, only to be met by the person I least expected to see, "You have a visitor," She awkwardly smiles, leaving us both to stand at the door. You've got to be kidding me.

"Oh," I can feel my voice getting caught in my throat, "I thought you were busy."

"I was, but I felt bad about the way we left things," He admits.

"Oh, Harry," I sigh.

-------

A/N: Helloooo. Hope you're all taking care of yourselves. Make sure to stay hydrated!