43

"Y/N..." My mum sighs as she swings open the front door, taking me by surprise, "You look a riot," She says, cupping my face in her hands as she pulls me into a tight squeeze of a hug.

"Yeah, thanks mum," I say, deadpan, trying my best to free up some space for me to breathe and ensure my suitcase doesn't fall down the front steps. As we make our way into my parents house I'm greeted by my dad and Daisy, our border collie who is clearly excited to see me as she tackles me to the floor.

"Welcome home, Y/N," My dad greets me as he gets up from the couch, Daisy licking my face and making me unable to return the gesture, "Nice flight?" I can only nod.

"Dais- Daisy, stop," I laugh in between licks, eventually mustering up enough strength to pull myself from the floor and accept my dad's invitation for a hug. Compared to my mother's embrace, my dads makes me feel comforted, supported and, well, loved.

"I heard what happened," He gently whispers onto my head as I whip my head back to gaze at him, almost questioning if I have heard him correctly.

"W-What?" I ask, dumbfounded.

"We know about Harry," He confesses, a hand reaching up to brush through my hair. I don't respond, I don't know how to. Instead, my parents sit me down on the couch, the pair of them sitting across from me as I try to form a response.

"But, how-" I begin, only for my mum to interrupt me.

"Emma," She admits, "She called us."

At first I'm annoyed, no, filled with rage. Emma went behind my back and told my parents? Why? It makes no sense, no sense at all. I'm once again speechless, smoothing out the crinkles in my skirt - which was actually Emma's but she gifted to me because she disapproves of my fashion choices - before my mother clears the air.

"Don't worry," It's almost as if she can read my mind, "She had good intentions. She was just telling us she was concerned about you, that's all," She smiles at the end, but I cannot tell if she's lying.

"What do you mean, concerned?" I scoff, unsure if I should be offended or not.

"For you, I can't imagine how heartbroken you must feel," My mother admits, not waiting around for my response before taking my suitcase up the stairs. For once, my mother seems sincere - sincerely sorry for me - and genuinely concerned. My mother has never been one for social interactions, finding it much easier to communicate with me when I'm far away. It's like shes a completely different person on the phone. It's strange to say the least, and was weirdly isolating to have a mother who doesn't want to communicate as a child.

"How are you coping?" My dad adds, this time I don't even question whether or not he actually cares or not, I know for a fact he does.

"I still love him, Dad," I admit. I don't cry, I don't smile, I don't do anything. All I find myself able to do, is be honest, "I love him, I really, really do."

-------

A/N: Hey, hope everyone who celebrates Easter had a good time! I can't lie, I'm quite sad to be finishing this book, I've been working on it for almost a year after all. If you haven't read the first chapters of 'Seductive' yet I'd appreciate it very much. Take care!