4

Sunday night, 10:34pm. I'm sat in bed binge-watching the Kingsman movies, wrapped up in my warm duvet despite it being the middle of July. Wrappers litter my bed sheets, and if I concentrate enough, I can ever so slightly hear Emma and her new girlfriend in the next room. It's incredibly obvious what they are doing, despite them constantly telling each other to shush and giggling.

I can feel myself beginning to drift off when my room lights up like it's Blackpool illuminations. I sit up slightly as I reach over to grab my phone from my nightstand. Mum.

MUM <3

Hey, honeybuns. How was your day? Call tomorrow night?

Hiya. Yeah, my day was alright. Tomorrow night sounds great, can you do half nine?

Sounds perfect, speak to you soon. Love you!

Love you too, mum <3

I find myself smiling to myself, before I can hear Emma again, pulling me out of my bubble of joy. I'm just about to close the messages app before I glance down at my hand, Harry's number now slightly smudged, but still readable. Without hesitation, I put his number into my phone and send a text.

Harry Lewis

Hey, it's Y/N. This is Harry, right?

read, 10:54pm

No response. It hits me suddenly how desperate and lonely I look. He only gave me his number this afternoon and I'm already messaging him? I haven't dated in a while, so I'm out of touch on the art that is messaging strangers.

Harry Lewis

Yes, this is harry!

Great, your number was smudged so I was making sure it was correct 

Hmm, I think you're just missing me already 

---

I find myself smirking at my phone. Flirty banter, already? How do I respond to that?

---

Harry Lewis

Oh, you wish 

Well, maybe I do. I was thinking, I'm free next Saturday if you're down to meet up?

Yeah, I'm free Saturday 

Great. We can maybe sort out the details during the week?

Sure, I'll give you a call

I look forward to it :)

"Oh, Y/N?" Emma knocks my door before opening it and leaning in. Emma's girlfriend, Georgia, standing just behind her, waving at me. I awkwardly wave back before returning my attention back to Emma, who's face is flushed.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"I'm going to take Georgia home, do you want to come with?" Emma replies. Georgia now playing with Emma's ginger hair.

"Nah, I'm good. Guess what though! I messaged Harry,"

"Harry? Who's Ha- OH MY GOD, Y/N!" Emma rushes over to me with her arms out, embracing me in a tight squeeze as Georgia grins from the doorway. 

"So, what did he say?"

'Well, we're going to meet up on Saturday," I beam up at her. Emma shoots Georgia a glance as they smirk at each other.

"Oh my god, no, we're just friends,"

"Yeah, sure," Georgia giggles. 

"I'm serious! We haven't spoken since high school, how could I possibly have a crush on him?" I ask them, but it's almost as if I'm asking myself. I couldn't have a crush on him already? 

"Mkay, whatever you say, Y/N. So, you sure you don't want to join?" Emma asks once again, getting up to go stand with Georgia.

I admire them briefly, Ginger and Blonde seemed to go well together. I decline once again. They say goodbye and my attention once again returns to my phone. I smile to myself before drifting off.

-------

A/N: Hey, how are you all? I'm sending you all love <3