6

The words Harry spoke haven't left my head since I heard them. "Made me like you." What did he mean by that? On one hand, it could mean he thought I was cool, but on the other hand, he could be admitting he had a crush on me.

"Y/N?"

I jump in my chair as I turn around, catching Emma at my bedroom door. I don't think she intended to scare me as the expression on her face looks rather guilty and apologetic.

"Oh, sorry. I just wanted to ask you if you wanted Chinese for dinner?" She asks, tucking a short strand of hair behind her ear.

"Yeah sure, that sounds great," I say in a monotone voice.

"Hey, what's up? You usually love when we get takeaway," She replies as she walks over to sit on my bed. I turn around in my chair to face her, hesitating slightly before I continue.

"Well, you know how I went out with Harry on Saturday?" I ask.

"Yeah?" Emma says, raising her eyebrows ever so slightly.

"We were talking about school and he mentioned he liked me. Like, he was definitely drunk but, I don't know what he mean't by that,"

Emma stares at me. I can't really tell what the look on her face is. 

"O-Okay, do you think he had a crush on you?" 

"I...don't really know to be honest," I sigh.

"Well, I guess I asked the wrong question then. Did you like him?" She asks, causing my heart to race.

"I mean, no. Not that I can remember,"

"Do you like him now?"

"Well I've only just met him again, it's too soon to tell," Lies. Nothing but lies spill out of my mouth. Yes, I do feel myself developing a crush, do I want that though? No, not at all. Dating isn't really my thing anymore. I love being single and being able to do what I want, when I want without having to answer to anyone. It's freeing. The feeling of freedom outweighs the loneliness of reality.

"That's fair enough. You'd be cute together though. You do have history," Emma says, playfully punching my arm as I smirk.

"Yeah, he's cool," I reply. We sit in silence for a minute or so, both of us apparently deep in thought before I finally break the silence.

"Know what? I could really go a Chinese though," I smile, getting up from my chair and tucking it under my desk before closing my laptop.

"I knew it! You can't say no to a Chinese," She grins, gently slapping her thighs before also getting up and beginning to walk out of my room. 

"Yeah, yeah. Can you order my usual? I need to call my mum," I say, pulling my phone out of my back pocket and pulling up my mums contact.

"Ugh, fine. Tell her I miss her, and her famous muffins," She sighs before leaving my room and closing the door.

I flop down onto my bed as I call my mum, running my hands through my hair while doing so. As the phone rings, all I can think about...is Harry Lewis.

-------

A/N: Hello, hello. How are you all? I'm sending all my love. I'm like genuinely so excited for Autumn, I love it so much. Good vibes. Anyway, thank you all for reading this chapter, I appreciate it so so much! :D