11

"So," I begin before taking a lick of my ice cream, "Why are you single?" I ask rather bluntly, making Harry almost choke.

"Oh, I'm sorry, was that too upfront?" I apologise, rubbing his back to comfort him and ease his coughing.

"Nah, nah, you're good," He replies after recovering, "I guess my last relationship just didn't work out," He says.

"Oh, I'm sorry, do you mind me asking why?" I glance up at him. He hesitates before continuing.

"She just wanted different things in life, she wanted to settle down and I didn't. Like, I'm doing Youtube full time and it's not a regular job, it's different," He rants, letting out deep breaths in between each sentence. We walk in silence for a moment, both of us taking in the views of the park, the now orange leaves falling around us.

"Anyway, you want to try a bit of mine?" He asks, a smile now taking over his face as he looks down at me.

"Sure," I smile.

He hands me his ice cream, his sleeve rising due to his outstretched arm. I examine his arm for a moment, taking a mental note of what I see before grabbing his ice cream and taking a lick. I screw my face up, causing Harry let out a chuckle.

"Ew, no. That's horrible, Harry!" I exclaim, hastily handing back his ice cream and taking a lick of mine. 

"What do you mean? It's not that bad, is it?" Harry asks, still laughing at my reaction.

"Yes, yes it is," I say, displeased.

We continue strolling for a while before we find a nice bench to sit on, the big autumn trees making the spot feel private and intimate. As we sit I check my phone for notifications and after responding to a few I lift my phone and take a quick picture of us. I examine it briefly, smiling before putting my phone away and starting up another conversation. As Harry talks I examine his face, I can't deny it's a pretty sight. It's actually quite scary how every single one of his features entices me in, making it feel almost impossible to picture life without him.

I am fully aware that whatever we have is moving very fast, we've not known each other particularly long and yet it feels like it's been a lifetime. I think theres something quite beautiful, but dangerous in that. 

"Y/N?" Harry asks, waving a hand in front of my face frantically.

"Hmm?" I reply, focusing my eyes back to him.

"You zoned out," Harry sighs but with a grin on his face. 

"I did? Oh, shit, I'm sorry," I chuckle, leaning my head forwards into Harry's shoulder. We stay in this position briefly before I lift my face to see him, my chin still being supported by his shoulder. We share a smile, looking deeply into each other's eyes before letting out a laugh and looking away. It feels so strange yet it comes so naturally to us. A matter of weeks ago we had completely forgotten about each other, yet now, the thought of that seems impossible.

-------

A/N: Hello, hello. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I'm sorry for the lack of chapters recently, life is always hectic around this time of year. :D