fourteen

"Let me do it, Dec-"

"I've got it." Declan protested, snatching the key out of Sebastian's reach.

"Okay." Sebastian raised his hands in surrender.

Declan tried one more time to slot his key into the lock, but, like his last five attempts, missed. He groaned, tried to insert it again, but lost his balance, and swayed into Sebastian's chest. When Sebastian placed a hand on his waist to prevent him from falling over, Declan burst out laughing, which prompted him to drop the key altogether.

Sebastian chuckled as he leant down to grab the key, and quickly shoved it into the lock before Declan could protest. He twisted it, pushed the door open, and nudged Declan inside.

Declan pouted as he staggered into his apartment, "I almost had it." He complained.

"I know." Sebastian lied.

Declan glanced down, and the second his gaze caught his skateboard, his eyes lit up, "Oh my god." He turned to Sebastian with a grin, "Let's go skating."

"Let's not."

"It's such a nice night-"

"You can barely stand." Sebastian gently guided him towards the bed, and Declan let him - he was too drunk to resist.

"I can skate better than I can stand." Declan argued.

"Sure." Sebastian agreed dismissively, leaning down in front of Declan, and starting to untangle his laces for him.

"I can show you-"

"Maybe when you're sober." Sebastian suggested.

Declan sighed heavily, "I'm basically sober-"

"You're not."

"I am."

"Declan." Sebastian glanced up at him, "Why are your laces triple knotted?"

Declan shrugged, "So my shoes don't fall off."

Sebastian stared back at him, then, burst out laughing, "What?" He choked out.

Declan smiled brightly at him, "You're so gorgeous, Seb."

Sebastian's laughter slowly died, but his smile remained, "So are you."

Declan shook his head, "No, not like...not like you." He insisted, "I'm just...I'm fine - y'know, like...I'm not ugly. I'm attractive enough to sleep with, but I'm not...I'm not..." He struggled to finish his sentence, and after another couple of unsuccessful attempts, he gave up altogether.

Sebastian paused, his fingers stilling atop Declan's tangled laces. "That's not true." He said simply, because there was no other response to that. He thought Declan was beautiful. He thought he was ethereal. He thought he was too good for Sebastian.

Declan laughed again, "It is." He shot back, "But you are so...so fucking gorgeous, Seb. And when you smile, and laugh, and..." He took a shaky breath, "I just wanna eat you."

Sebastian snorted, "You wanna what?"

"You just look so delicious."