twenty six

Declan was laying in Sebastian's bed, staring up at a jagged crack on the ceiling. He had been looking it for ten minutes, mindlessly listening to the hum of muffled voices through the thin walls. Sebastian and Harvey were bickering over who's turn it was to unload the dishwasher, and Evan was laughing in amusement. Declan contemplated joining them, but decided that he would rather just listen instead.

He sunk further into the mattress, Sebastian's familiar smell overwhelming him; it was on the pillows, and the sheets, and the clothes that he wore. He probably smelt like Sebastian, too; like just another one of his belongings.

There was a soft knock on the door, and a moment later, it creaked open. Declan sat up, the covers pooling at his waist, the morning sunshine that slipped through the gaps in the blinds lighting him up in gold.

"Oh, good, you're up." Sebastian smiled, kicking the door shut behind him as he slipped into the room. His chestnut curls were falling into his face, messier than usual, most likely a result of Declan pulling on them so much last night. Declan smiled at the reminder, resisting the urge to reach out and touch Sebastian's hair one more time.

"What time is it?" Declan asked tiredly, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Midday." Sebastian replied. He was holding two mugs of coffee, and he set one down on the bedside table before handing the other to Declan. "Did you sleep okay?" He asked.

"Midday?" Declan repeated incredulously.

Sebastian chuckled, reaching out to tuck one of Declan's misplaced curls behind his ear, "We had a late night." He reminded him. His gaze slipped down to the base of Declan's neck, and he frowned, brushing his fingertips over the ridge of Declan's collarbone.

"What is it?" Declan asked, bringing his own fingertips to the place where Sebastian's eyes were transfixed.

"You've got a love bite." He muttered, finally bringing his gaze up to meet Declan's again, "Sorry." He sighed, "I didn't realise I'd done that."

"It's alright." Declan promised, "I don't mind."

Sebastian didn't look convinced, "I really didn't mean to-"

"Seb." Declan murmured softly, placing his coffee down on the nightstand. He tugged at the collar of Sebastian's top, pulling his face close to see his own reflection in Sebastian's pupils, which were blown wide with adoration, "You can give me as many love bites as you want." He whispered.

Sebastian's breath hitched, and he swayed closer, "Are you sure?"

"Mhm." Declan hummed, his lips inching closer to Sebastian's, "Though I'd prefer them on my inner thighs."

Sebastian slammed his lips into Declan's, crowding him back onto the mattress, pressing against his chest to keep him pinned down. It only took Sebastian a few seconds to slip a hand up Declan's jumper, and only a few more to slip another one down into his pants.

Declan moaned softly into Sebastian's mouth, wrapping his legs around his waist to pull him closer. His whole body was burning with desire, his skin prickling, ears ringing, lungs constricting. He started tugging at Sebastian's loose curls instinctively, desperate for something to cling to as his chest rose and fell with quick shallow breaths. He wanted him. He needed him. He thought he might have died if he didn't have him.

"W-Wait-" Declan nudged Sebastian's face away reluctantly, hating the new distance between them, "W-What about Evan? Harvey?" He choked out breathlessly.

"Watching TV." Sebastian told him. His cheeks were tinted pink, his lips swollen, and eyes shining.

Declan glanced across the room, smiling in relief when his eyes found the metal bolt nailed into the door, "You have a lock." He said.