Dreams

Duncan's POV:

This is what i always wanted. Just a normal day, us, all of us just around the table having dinner.

Everything else felt like a bad dream.

I could see at the end of the table a woman with white hair and icy blue eyes, her clothing choice was mostly  white themed. Elaine Redgrave, my mom.

Besides her stood a man with black hair and dark grey eyes, his choice of clothes was quite similar to mine

Besides her stood a man with black hair and dark grey eyes, his choice of clothes was quite similar to mine. Derek Redgrave, my dad.

It feels almost unreal, getting a moment to breath without anything crazy happening

Duncan: "Oi, pass me the salt, Ash."

Ashley wordlessly nodded, grabbing the small container filled with salt, she pushed it, making in slide across the table.

Derek: "So, how was school today?"

Ashley and i looked at one another before we kept deadpan.

Duncan/Ashley: "Hell." We answered without missing a beat.

Dad stiffled a laugh, almost chocking on the chicken piece he tried to eat.

Elaine: "It couldn't be that bad, could it? Then how about... you and Akane." She showed a teasing smirk.

I chocked and started to cough. I quickly downed a cup of water. I couldn't deny that my cheeks flushed a little red when she asked me that.

Duncan: "W-what about Akane and i? Hehehe... We are just friends."

Ashley/Derek/Elaine: "Yeah, keep telling yourself that." They said in unison.

Elaine: "Bloody hell. Duncan, honey, i know you are not the sharpest tool in the shed. But being so dense is another matter alltogether." She kept that kept a carefree smirk, all while unsulting me.