Tales of Rider: Part 4

3rd POV:

Duncan's thought that the Lord of the 8th circle of Hell is involved in this matter became even stronger then before. After all, having 3 Hellspawns falling out of the sky is not just a coincidence.

Duncan still had his carefree smirk while twirling his dual scythes. Gabriel drawn out her angel blade, her gaze sharp as ever and ready for battle.

The Hellspawns stood their ground, waiting for the right time to take action. Each one of them donned a different kind of weapon.

Duncan glanced behind him at the set of large doors. He could hear that a battle has started, but...

Duncan: 'There are quite a few souls. Would Velvet be able to fight back?'

True to his thoughts, the number of people in the temple was large. But he had other worries at the moment.

Zarathos: 'Focus on the battle! Eyes ahead!'

Heeding Zarathos warning, Duncan crossed his scythes, managing to block a sword swing from one of the Hellspawns. Rolling on his back and using the momentum, Duncan kicked the Hellspawn in the chest, sending him flying into a wall of the temple.

Duncan jumped back on his legs and gripped his scyhes once more. Just that mere attack was enough to asses the Hellspawns' strength.

Duncan: 'These guys are no Spawn. I can fight even without transforming.'

How unlucky these poor Hellspawns must be? They are not that much stronger, yet they have to face both Gabriel and Duncan at the same time.

A clash of blades echoed as sparks flung around. Gabriel crossed blades with another of the 3 Hellspawns and it seemed that this one it was actually putting some efforts behind his attacks or Gabriel was limiting herself... mostly the latter.

Duncan let out a chuckle as he joined his scythes together. Twisting his body, he swinged down the scythe, shattering the weapon of the Hellspawn that tried to attack him from behind. The Hellspawn quickly jumped back, avoiding being cut in half. Spreading his arms to the side, his cape fluttured in the wind as chains shot out from beneath.

Duncan ducked, rolled, and did a backflip. Splitting the scythes into dual mode. With one hand he deflected another incoming attack while with the other he deflected a chain aiming for his head.

Gabriel was farring more then well. The Hellspawn that was fighting her on the other hand... didn't look quite well. The battle didn't even start properly and his body was filled with cuts and the suit was mostly torned to shreds. The Hellspawns grunted in pain, still feeling the holy touch of the angelic blade.

The Hellspawns regrouped, trying to coordinate with one another.

Duncan and Gabriel stood side by side. They barely warmed up.

Gabriel: "Having some trouble?"

Duncan: "Nah, not in the least. Quite enjoying myself actually."

Gabriel: "Heh, good to know. Now... don't you believe that one of us should go inside the temple? It would seem that Velvet and the others are in trouble."

Duncan: "Hmm..."

Duncan was gonna give his answer, but he couldn't help be overhear the Hellspawns talking between eachother.