Family Matters

3rd POV:

Mordred: "Gah! Take that, you cheeky bugger!"

Kuroka: "Huh?! Hacks! I call hacks!"

Modred and Kuroka were playing some video games on the console, they kept button mashing as they threw insults at one another. One thing those two didn't take into consideration was the one that kept watching this display of profanity. Those being Jack and Abigail, the other two surrogate daughters of Duncan and his many wives.

Abigail: "Should we be worried?"

Jack: "Nope, we get to learn new words!"

Kuroka let out another shout as she found her character defeated, she threw the controller on the couch and folded her arms under her voluptuous chest. She quickly turned away not to witness Mordred's smug look.

Mordred: "What was that about being a pro-player? Hmmm..."

Mordred leaned to close for Kuroka's licking, she pushed her face away. Kuroka eye could be seen twitching in irritation, after all... she lost 30 matches in a row.

Kuroka: "Shut.Up."

Despite her grumpy appereance, Kuroka felt at home. Well, after the years she developed a habit of going wherever Duncan was settling down, either being just temporary, following him on a mission, or settling down for long periods of time. And people say thay cats and dogs don't get along, just get a look at Duncan and Kuroka. If anyone were to take a guess they would believe that Duncan and Kuroka are long lost siblings taking from their personalities.

Mordred: "Whatever, I was getting bored of kicking your ass anyway." She tossed the controller aside.

Kuroka: "Hacks, I keep telling you, you were hacking and I'll find proof. Don't know how but I'll."

Mordred: "Bah, all I hear is someone being sore loser."

And of course... Kuroka began acting like a surrogate aunt to these misfits.

Jack scooted closer to Kuroka, having a curious expression.

Jack: "Aunti Kuroka, do you know when papa is gonna come home?"

Those eyes, they made Kuroka's heart melt but they also reminded her of her little sister, who kinda hates her. Kuroka sighed and gave Jack a headpat.

Kuroka: "Not sure about that, but he should be home soon. He has something important to do..."

Abigail climbed up and found her resting place in Mordred's lap, the night of treachery didn't mind it one bit.

Abigail: "He said something about a meeting with some gods."

Mordred: "More like remaining gods. Hehe, our old man made those gods shiver in their boots that they started seeking him to make a peace treaty."

Kuroka leaned back on the couch, starring at the ceilling for a full on minute. She knew better that the problems of the supernatural world are not easy, especially those who weild power beyond mortal comprehension.

Just a couple of hours ago she was delivered the news that her status as a stray was revoked despite the protests of many high class devils. But the devil race was walking on thin ice, they had a pretty good chance of waging war against Duncan, a war that could've ended before it even began.