Snowy Lands

3rd POV:

Ashley's eyes slowly fluttered open, groaning she lifted herself up to her feet. But a crunchy sound caught her attention and a cold chill enveloped her being. Her eyes widened in shock and surprise, gazing around herself, she couldn't comprehend the idea of where or how she got here.

Ashley: "This... what the hell is this?" She muttered to herself.

The place that she found herself in was nothing short of a tundra, snow covered the ground and trees as long as you can gaze upon. Ashley did a 360 degree slow turn with her whole body in order to see her enviroment better. Unfortunately for her, snow, that's all she was welcomed with.

Ashley: "All right, not the weirdest thing that happened to me. Byakko, got any idea what's going on?... Byakko?"

Nothing, she got no answer from her partner of divine origins. Her thoughts went that this would be a dream, but she had to much control over her actions to be one.

Trying to asses her situation she kept a calm expression, but she soon started to notice that her body was getting colder. Much to her confusion, she hugged herself and rubbed her arms in order to keep herself warm.

Ashley: "So... in the middle of nowhere, freezing, without Byakko or anyone else and i might not even have my powers... Bollocks."

Bollocks indeed it was, her british side could surface from time to time unlike her brother who goes dull throttle. Despite her dire situation she kept a calm expression and chose a direction in which she could move.

As she kept walking, Ashley couldn't help herself but feel being watched. Despite her vision being clouded by the snow and trees, her insticts were sharp. Finding a clearing, she stopped. Closing her eyes, she started to inhale and exhale.

The rustling of leaves echoed troughout the forest. Shortly an arrow was fired from the treeline, Ashley leaned her head in time to dodge, but she wad slower then usual much to her displeasure. Many more arrowes followed, she rolled out of the way then backfliped a few times. Her foes were concealed by the trees and snow.

Ashley: 'Okay, two can play this game.' She thought to herself, alreeady having a plan in mind.

Ashley kept dodging the volley of arrows, but she got shot in the shoulder. Gritting her teeth she rolled out of the way of another arrow. Backing herself against a tree, she gave the tree a roundhouse kick strong enough to make the snow fall from it, creating an make-shift smoke-screen. That was enough to create an opening for her to take cover and hide herself behind a tree far enough.

The arrows didn't stop from coming, much to her annoyance. But the bad news didn't stop there, a stray arrow managed to hit her in the thigh. She covered her mouth and gritter her teeth not to make a noise. Bracing herself, she gripped the arrow stuck in her shoulder and pulled it out. She did the same with the one stuck in her tigh.

Ashley: 'So no healing factor... gotta deal with these wounds later. But what the...?'

Ashley just noticed the ice that surrounded her wouds, most probably coming from the arrows that shot her.

Ashley: 'Magic arrows? Just what the hell are they?'

Taking a peek from her position, she saw that within the clearing, some individuals made themselves present.