From the Grave

3rd POV:

Ashley let out a heavy sigh. Crossing her arms, she closed her eyes for a moment, before opening them and looked at Mordred.

Ashley: "So what you are saying is that, after you took care of the Brits in the area, the Darkhold Fragment started to act up?"

Mordred nodded her head.

Mordred: "Ayep, the book started glowing and all that. He then opened a portal and dipped wherever he went."

Jalter let out a humm, putting a hand to her chin, she adopted a thoughtful look.

Jalter: "So, we got no way to know where he went? What about your blade? You used it before to send Medusa and Mordred to Melromarc."

Ashley: "He is gonna be more hard to find. The Yamato can take me only to places where I've been, otherwise it's at random. As for Melromarc, I used the book as a catalyst."

Jalter rolled her eyes. Of course, having an idea of Duncan's location might've put their mind at ease. But their biggest question was if they should be worried for Duncan or the world he went to.

Their were interrupted by a knock on the door. Sakura, who was in the kitchen preparing some tea, went to the door. Opening it, she was welcomed by a smile bright as the sun itself.

Amaterasu: "Hello, child. May I come in?"

Sakura: "A-ah, of course, lady Amaterasu."

Walking inside, Amaterasu let out a sigh while giving Sakura a headpat.

Amaterasu: "Ap ap ap, no need for 'lady, makes me feel old. Besides, you are family. No need for honorifics."

Sakura let out a nervous chuckle before closing the door.

Amaterasu: "Say, is the little pup around home?"

Sakura tilted her in confusion. Her wise widened ever so little in realisation on who she was reffering to. She let out another giggle. Sakura found rather odd and cute that there was someone so bold to call the personification of an death metal album cover, 'pup'. Then again, no matter how many times Duncan may have looked annoyed by the nicknames given to him by Amaterasu, he just let her be.

Sakura: "No, unfortunately, he is out from what I've heard. Did something happen?"

Amaterasu: "Well yes, but actually no. Hope at least Ash is around here."

Sakura: "Yes, she is in the living room along with the others. In the meantime, I will bring some tea."

Amaterasu nodded her head, she kept her eyes on Sakura until she disappeared through the hallway towards the kitchen.

Amaterasu's brows furrowed for a second, only for her usual serene expression to return. Her reasons for visiting were... a little formal in the matter, which she felt quite displeased with. Hence why Duncan's presence might've been favorable.

As soon as the goddess of the sun stepped inside the living room, she became the center of the attention.

Amaterasu: "Pardon the intrusion."

Jalter: "Looks like we got visitors."

Amaterasu: "Sorry for coming unannounced."

Ashley: "You always come unannounced."