Tales of Rider: Part 2

3rd POV:

Duncan/Zarathos: "...Bollocks..."

Duncan massaged his temples at the grave news brought by Gabriel.

Duncan: "Michael... half expected to escape, but not that soon. As for the Blade... how?"

Gabriel: "We recently found out that has been missing from the armory. It's disappearance alongside Michael's escape can't be coincidental."

Duncan scratched the back of his head. He tapped his chin, deep in thought.

Duncan: "Ok, sunshine, only high ranking angels are able to acces the armory, right?"

Gabriel: "Exactly."

Zarathos: 'Michael had devoted followers back in the day. He must've had someone doing an inside job.'

Duncan could only nod in agreement at Zarathos' idea.

Duncan: "Oi, do you believe that some of the angels that used to be under Michael's command managed to slip inside?"

Gabriel: "One of the theories that we came up with. Hence why we kept an eye out for some missing angels."

Duncan: "Yeah, can't expect the twat to return to the crime scene. Fine, I will keep an eye out. For now you should return, I have some unfinished business."

This caught Gabriel's attention, she looked at Duncan with an raised eyebrow, expecting an explination. Duncan sighed, he grabed his flask and took a swig. Leaning on his bike, he proceeded to explain his reason for being here, in another world.

By the end, Gabriel folded her arms.

Gabriel: "So let me get this straight... The Darkhold shattered during the fight with none other then Blackheart, who we thought that he was dead."

Duncan: "Turns out... I was too gentle around that time. But, yeah, had to kill him... again."

Gabriel shuddered a little. Gentle was no word to describe Duncan back in the day. She had an first hand experience, after all... they didn't start as friends, far from it actually.

Gabriel: "So you plan on staying here until you retrieve the fragment?"

Duncan: "That's the plan, might as well take into account a potential Lord Of Hell roaming around."

Gabriel: "Then I guess I could be of assistance. Quite curious of how you handle this kind of missions."

Duncan had to do a double take. He blinked a few times before he snickered. Gabriel was pretty much insinuating on them teaming up until they return home, but Duncan had an idea why.

Duncan: "You just want to get rid of paperwork, don't ya?"

Gabriel's cheek flushed a little red in embarrassment as she averted her gaze. She could only feel Duncan's smug smirk.

Gabriel: "Nothing like that. Just, uhhh, thought that you could use some help. That's all."

Duncan: "Uh-huh."

Gabriel merely glanced and she was welcomed with Duncan's smug smirk, which widened even more. Unable to handle the smug aura, she gave up. Her shoulders slumped in defeat.

Zarathos: 'You are acting like children.'

Duncan chuckled before directing his attention back at Gabriel.