Untold Future

3rd POV:

Elizabeth: "Well... guess we might as well kiss our world goodbye."

She sighed deeply and threw another sheet of paper onto the table in front of her. Furrowing her brows while deep in thought, Elizabeth didn't hesitate to pour herself another glass of whiskey before taking a sip and setting down the glass.

Elizabeth: "Let's see... I managed to gather some info regarding the Beast Monarch but that's about it... The others might be already awakened and found their vessels... only hiding and waiting for Antares." She kept muttering to herself, holding her chin and having an unreadable expression.

Elizabeth scowled once that name slipped her tongue, she gripped the glass to the point where veins popped alongside her arm. She took another sip trying to calm herself down.

That name... Antares... brought some sour memories. Even though she was just a young woman back then... Elizabeth knew very much of the war with the Monarchs of the previous generation. The war that ended in their favor but with great losses, her and Elaine's mother and father, the Monarch of Frost and Monarch of White Flames, died later due to their injuries... and Derek's father Belloc Rosenblack, the Monarch of Shadows, found a similar fate.

Elizabeth: "All of them jumped Antares and was only due that sun goddess that they were able to seal Antares away."

Elizabeth chuckled bitterly at the memory... how three Monarchs barely managed to stand against Antares. She was about to laugh at how sad their chances looked, but a goddess that belonged to the Shinto pantheon and a good family friend aided them and took a direct assault on the Monarch of Destruction, turning the war in their favor.

Elizabeth ran a hand through her hair. She was REALLY stressed out.

Elizabeth: "Derek is the current Monarch of Shadows... but the power he has... sigh... Even I'm stronger then him. This isn't good. The Monarch of Shadows and Destruction are fated to fight in each generation, it's been like that for centuries." She mumbled, twirling her alcoholic beverage in the glass.

At this point, Elizabeth, despite trying her best to see a silver lining in all this messed up situation... she couldn't see a way to win this war.

Elizabeth: "If Derek who's the current Monarch of Shadows can't take on Antares... Who can? We need a monster to fight Antares. Otherwise humanity is doomed."

Elizabeth went silent for a monent and stared at the ceiling. Shortly her peace was disturbed by the front door being opened. Elaine and Derek walked in, having quite the sour faces.

Elizabeth: "Glad to have you back. What's with those faces?"

Hearing the question, Elaine and Derek shared some glances. Elaine merely rolled her eyes and took a seat at the table. Derek sighed, he could understand his wife's bad mood.

Derek: "Well... after we finished our errand... We stumbled across Amaterasu."

Elizabeth grinned widely, not only because Amaterasu played a huge part in the previous war, but also because she was an old family friend.

Elizabeth: "Ama? That old hag? Well that sounds like good news to me! Bloody hell, I remember the tea she used to bring us, and I wasn't a tea person but I still loved it... But that doesn't explain the sour mood."