Devil May Care

Mike POV:

Mike: "Wha... what the hell... is wrong with me...?"

I was starring at my own reflection in the mirror. My skin was considerably paler, small beans of sweat going down my face. My eyes blood shot. I felt my eyelids become heavy as my fever kept getting worse.

Not just thad, my whole body felt like it was burning. My teeth and gums stinged.

My ears kept ringing, just noticing that it was my phone, but the volume was unbereable. I covered my ears trying to cover the noises.

I stumbled continously in my bathroom, not knowing what to do! I shut my eyes closed as they started to burn as well.

Just a few moments ago I was fine, just feeling a little under the weather and a small headache. But it slowly got worse. Once I got home I rushed to my bathroom and locked myself inside.

Finally, after what it felt like hours, but I think that barely a few minutes passed, the pain started to subside. My head, my body, my teeth, my eyes... the pain diminished all on it's own.

Mike: "Ughh... finally! What the fuck was...?"

I slowly got up to my feet and strolled up to the foucet and turned it on, allowing the water to flow. Cupping my hands together, I gathered some water and spashed some onto my face. I let out a breath, cooling down a little.

But it just dawned on me. Looking in the reflection in the mirror I saw...

 Looking in the reflection in the mirror I saw

Mike: "AHHH!"

Startled by my unnatural reflection and dull yellow glowing eyes, I jolted back in shock. I slipped and hit the ground.

I felt my consciousness fading away, giving into the darkness. My eyes started to close slowly.

Mike: "...someone... please... help..."

...

...

3rd POV:

Jalter: "Is this necessary?"

Jalter was sitting on a bed in a hospital, ready for a checkup. She was pretty annoyed by this, but the others insisted since she has been feeling... unwell.

Medusa: "Quite so. I thought at the beginning that it was just a one time thing but..."

Medusa trailed off her sentence, glancing at the others present in the room. Those being Scathach, Gorgon and Morgan. Sakura was to stay at home and keep an eye on the kids. Usualy Mordred would be able to take care of Jack and Abbigail alone, but she started to take after her old man in many ways.