Worries of Tomorrow

Duncan's POV:

My eyes slowly fluttered open... I've fallen asleep?

Oh, yeah. Gotta stop doing that...

Now, where was i? Amaterasu gave us a false alarm, Ash and I rushed at her temple... and the goddess prepared snacks and a movie. Guess she noticed how stressed we were and what not. Honestly, things like this i would've imagine doing with mom or dad, but... yeah, we are not kids anymore...

I felt something soft on my chest, also fluffy. I saw a black cat sleeping on my chest. Oh, Kuroka was here too.

I rubbed my eyes, trying to adjust to the light... again, not used to the feeling of sleeping much. Just how much time passed?

I glanced on the opposite side of the couch and saw Ashley sleeping. Unlike her poker face that she usualy wears, her epxression softened. She looked... at peace.

Thinking back... i really believed that Ashley died in that fire, and in her place remained a hollowed and emmotionless shell. Glad that she recovered ever so slightly.

I widened my eyes a little, the events that transpired in my dream. Ashley will wake up soon...

Zarathos: 'GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!'

I quickly lifted my upper body, startled from the sudden roar in the back of my head. I think i heard a loud thud, and pained and a sleepy meow. Yes, i dropped Kuroka.

I grabbed a side of my head from the noise. Glancing at the floor, the black cat looked sleepy and annoyed.

Ugh... mornin'... i guess...

Zarathos: 'Congratulations on managing to fall asleep for four hours straight, pal. Seriously, i thought you died.'

There was no sarcasm in his voice, it was half concern and half pride.

Thanks, don't know how, but i managed somehow. And, me, dying? Can't get rid of me so easely.

Zarathos: 'True, you are too stuborn for your own good. Besides... i just know that you will crawl out of Hell just to spite whatever killed you.'

Awww, thanks.

Also, Zarathos, we need to talk.

Zarathos: 'Am... am i in trouble? At least tell me what i did to prepare an excuse.'

No, nothing like that. But, i think more info on them.

Zarathos: 'On who exactly?'

...on the Monarchs.

Zarathos: 'Bringing them up... it's not just at random i believe. Fine, but we must speak at home. That is information that is known by just a few select individuals.'

He is right, there are not many aware about the war that took place at the dawn of creation itself. A terrible war that required the Archangels on the frontlines...

Shaking my head a little, i took a sitting position on the couch.

Thinking about those memories will only bring a strong headache. So let's leave them aside for now.

I grabbed my flask and took a swig from it, which resulted in getting a judgemental look from the resident black cat.

Duncan: "Got no coffee and drinking water will make me rust." I shrugged my shoulders.