3.

jinsoul is an angel 

CHAPTER - THREE

I had a dream a couple of days ago.

It was more of a nightmare actually. I couldn't remember much of it when I woke up but flashes of it were still embedded in my brain. I was running in it, for sure. I think there was something chasing me. I remember the feeling of terror. I think I'd approached a cliff. And I think I was falling from it when I'd woken up. My father had rushed into my room and when I'd asked him why he said he heard me scream. I didn't remember screaming so I brushed it off.

I'd kept having that same dream for three continuous days. And my father kept rushing in, terrified.

After that, my father recommended a visit to the doctor. I refused to go. He asked once more and I said no again and he let it go. I knew he thought the problems were back, that I was going loony again. But I wasn't. Because I knew why the dreams had begun again. It was because of the smoke hybrid. That damn demon.

I was holding a spoon in my hand. There was a plate of delicious chocolate cheesecake from B.C. Bakery that I'd picked up after school, right in front of me. I loved this cheesecake. It was chocolatey and creamy and so perfectly yummy. And yet I didn't have the heart to eat it. I blamed this on the demon too. Stupid demon, ruining everything.

"Now what did I say about the insults?"

I resisted jumping up at the voice. The demon was once again dressed in black, leaning against the doorframe of my room. I wondered if me insulting me had somehow summoned him. It could be a possibility. I placed the spoon back on the plate gently feeling I might be tempted to throw it at him in a few minutes. And if that happened, he'd get angry. He'd warned me against that. Because angry demons were somehow more terrifying than normal ones.

"Oh, cheesecake. You're forgiven." I'm so busy looking at him that I've forgotten to keep an eye on my plate.

When I look down, the cheesecake is gone, a few crumbs of it left next to the spoon. What the hell?

"How big is your mouth?" I climb off the bed. This demon was conceited. I mean, the nerve of him to barge - well, walk into my house, lean against my doorframe in all his dark glory and eat my cheesecake. His attitude was appalling. Just because he granted my wish, he wanted me to endure this. Forget it. I wanted him to take it back. I was ready to diet and work out and all do that healthy lifestyle crap if I could get him off my back.

"Enough to swallow you whole if you don't shut up." He grumbles, moodily. Shut up? Please.

"Oh, I'm sorry, rough night?" I sarcastically ask, folding my arms across my chest. He rolls his eyes.

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, little girl," He says. What an old, dumb thing to say. This time I'm the one rolling my eyes. I don't even have to spend much time thinking of a comeback. It's already on the tip of my tongue, courtesy to years and years of being an active Tumblr user.

"And how would you know anything about wit, old man?" I cock a brow.

"Enough girl." He holds up a hand. I feel a little proud of myself. But I'm still pissed about the cheesecake. And what I'm more mad about is the fact that he swallowed it whole in one bite. He didn't even savor the chocolatey goodness. This demon was clearly a disgrace. If not in his world, then certainly in the world of us foodies.