4.

sistar's disbandment wrecked me 

no more summer bops ya'll :(

CHAPTER - FOUR

My life had turned into a movie within a short span of two weeks.

I made a stupid wish on the first day. It was granted by the second. I met the person - no, demon, who made my wish come true on the third. I got into verbal battles with the demon for the next few days and here I was today, leaning against the locker, staring into the ocean blue eyes of the only boy I've ever had any feelings for.

I'd always thought of myself as mostly devoid of emotions but ever since I saw golden boy, Micheal Kingston, walking down the hallway, I was convinced enough to think otherwise. And that one day when he'd bumped into me and helped me pick up my books with a charming smile, I knew I was in love.

I couldn't believe he was here, in front of me. I wanted to pinch myself. Convince myself that this wasn't a dream. He was talking to me! And if I paid attention instead of getting lost in this high, I think he was asking me out.

"So what do you say?" I can't describe his voice but it's attractive. I've heard him speak before, laugh before with his lacrosse buddies and each time, I couldn't help but be attracted to how beautiful his voice was. I mean, it's not as deep and dark and sexy as the hybrid's but it's pretty nice. God, was I really comparing the angelic voice of my all time crush to the voice of the dumb smoke hybrid? Stupid!

When I convey to Micheal through my expression that I have no idea what he's been talking about, he lowers his head, chuckling. Raising his head back up and pinning in place with those blue orbs, he asks me asks. "Will you go on a date with me, Faye? Movie? Friday night?" The lines come out smoothly, charm dripping from them. Fúck, he's handsome. 

Shit, I should really lay off the cursing, even if it's in my head.

My cheeks flame in embarrassment. I was making a fool of myself in front of him. I think I even see a bit of discomfort creep up his features. Probably from being stared at for too long. Telling myself to be nonchalant about this, I shrug. "Sure," I say while trying not to look too stiff. I see him smirk when I casually turn to my locker, opening it and putting my books in. It's not a big deal Faye. I try to control my raging hormones.

He's just another boy, relax. Yeah, one I think I've had a crush on for far too long.

If I had a dream man, Micheal Kingston would be it. Standing at around six feet, he oozed charm. But what I did like about him was that unlike other boys of our age, he wasn't sex driven. I think I'd seen him date a girl or two in the past few years, but he didn't have a string of girls trailing behind him or someone on his lap at lunch like his teammates. He was classy and sweet; the perfect gentleman if there was one.

Micheal snaps me out of my thoughts by asking for my number. I punch it in his phone and he leaves with a smile.

And then after he's gone, I feel irritated.

For the past two years, I'd fawned over Micheal. I'd secretly stare at him at lunch, pay extra attention when he spoke in class, sometimes sit at the bleachers and try to blend in so I could see him play. And all those times, if he'd noticed me, he'd never acknowledged me. But now that I'd lost a couple of pounds - not naturally anyway, he decides to ask me out. It disappointed me. I was hurt that he'd never paid attention back then and suddenly showed interest in me. I was still the same person, it hurt that no one saw that. I regretted the wish at that moment.