20.

most underrated red velvet song ever

Updates will take longer because I'm working to update the 'guide to the underworld' so readers will have a better understanding of the terms and events occurring in further chapters.

Don't forget to read the note and check out the inline comment at the end of the chapter to find out how to read the completed, unedited version of WUAD for free!

CHAPTER - TWENTY

"Zylen," I heave.

"Mmm-hmm..." He whispers, peppering kisses down my neck. Cool air blows in from my open balcony as Zylen looms over me. "How does it feel to be back?" He asks.

"Feels different," I say truthfully.

It did feel different. Few hours after my talk with Verona, she asked her son to escort me back home. I bid goodbye to her, steering away from the ominous study that Zylen's father inhabited. Verona said he's thrilled to meet me and will introduce me to him next time, but I wasn't sure about that. About meeting Zylen's father and there being a next time in the demon world.

I wanted to be a part of the demon world because I now knew of my roots. But I loved my human world much, much more. I didn't want to give that up. Besides, me as a queen? That never seemed like it was going to happen no matter how much Verona wanted it to.

Looks like I'll be losing my throne to my adopted cousin then...

I didn't like that. Weirdly, I felt possessive about Friella. It was my kingdom, my birthright as much as I wanted to forsake it. I wasn't even a demon for god-sake! It wouldn't matter that I was Elvive's granddaughter, I didn't have an active demon side that's all that mattered. And my cousin who did have a demon side would get both the throne and Zylen...I didn't want that to happen.

Zylen was...mine.

"What's going on in your head?" He taps the side of my head.

"Like you aren't reading it already?" I cock a brow.

"I'm doing this new thing where I try to respect your privacy..." He smirks. I let a smile slip.

"I'm impressed then. I'll think it's time a demon prince gets his kiss," I press my lips against his. He kisses me back with vigor, pressing against me deliciously. "Did you like your reward?" I tease, stopping for a second.

"I want more," He whispers hungrily.

"And I-." Kiss. "-want-." Kiss. "- some answers." I grin, turning over to straddle him.

"What do you want to know?" He sighs, hands rubbing along my bare thighs.

"How come no one - not dad, people at school - knew I was gone for three whole days?" I question.