10.

hooked onto the chorus and the beat 

CHAPTER - TEN

My scream was shrill.

It was something you'd expect to hear in horror movies. A scream loud enough to wake neighbors and give kids nightmares. The scream was odd to me as well because I didn't know I had such a powerful voice. I could break glass with this pitch, honestly. A hand clasped over my mouth, shutting my scream off. Another hand came around my waist, pulling me back to a hard chest. I raised a brow, trying to turn my neck so I could see just who it was that was handling me with such ease.

"Damn it, Faye, it's just me." Demon boy says slowly.

I relax in his arms, his hand still on my mouth. Realizing my hands were free, I push his hands away from me and glare his way as I enter the house, demon boy following behind me. I tried to close the door so he wouldn't be able to enter but gave up soon after realizing it was no use. Walking into the kitchen, I open the fridge to grab a bottle of orange juice and a glass from the cabinet behind the counter. I'm twisting open the cap when demon boy slowly strolls in, taking his own sweet time to look around my house as though he hadn't done it a thousand times before.

"Pour some for me as well." Demon boy says, stopping by the wall outside the kitchen that held up many pictures.

Some pictures were of my childhood and some were of my parents. Straightening my shoulders, I go to grab another glass and then place it on the counter beside me, eyes going to demon's boy's darkly dressed form. I don't know why at that moment I'm reminded of the day at school when he held me close on the rooftop. Being in his arms had felt so warm and cozy and just, so right, that it scared me. I didn't want to feel this way in the slightest bit but it was like I couldn't help it.

All this made me feel like I was the heroine of a paranormal romance and frankly, I didn't want to be that.

I fight the warmth blooming in my cheeks as I pour juice into both the glasses. Then I lift my glass to my lips, eyeing demon boy once again like the obvious creep I was soon becoming if not one already. Why did I have to like him? Why demon boy? Why couldn't my feelings for Micheal persist? Sweet, handsome Micheal who along with his weird family hid tools under beds and had an arrow exactly like the one that was shot to kill me. Yeah, it's a good thing I didn't like him anymore. Continuing to like him would've become super hard since he was on the hunt for my blood.

Besides, how could I like anyone else when I couldn't stop thinking about demon boy all day, every day?

It was this weird obsession that was beginning within me. Maybe it was because he was the first man, first every person actually, to show me any attention but my feelings for him were growing in intensity quickly. I was scared because I'd never felt this way before and because I didn't want to feel this way. Especially since I was sure something was going on with demon boy that concerned me but I had no idea about. And something about his eyes called to me because I swear, every time he looked at me, those violet twinkles winked at me.

No, No, No! I had to stop this before it became something that I absolutely had no control over. I didn't want to have feelings for a demon. I didn't want to be hooked onto a demon. I didn't even know how he looked like for fûck's sake! Men of a supernatural descent were not exactly my type and among them, given my experience, demon boys were an absolute no-no. I didn't want a man who masked his face, granted wishes and teleported for a living.