6.

one of my favorite songs ever 

CHAPTER - SIX

Demon boy's visits now had a name.

He called it the 'daily check up on his newest pet' and if that didn't summarize what this was, I didn't know what would. But what my demon boy didn't know was that I wasn't the same as his other pets that were probably docile and let him get away with whatever he did due to which his ego and arrogance had inflated a thousandfold. I was motivated to defy him at every turn and I sure as well wouldn't follow his orders. I may have little feelings for the demon bitch after the birthday incident but that didn't mean I wasn't going to be difficult. Which is exactly why I texted Micheal agreeing to go on the date with him even though I knew demon boy didn't want me to go out with Micheal. And because demon boy was going to be a bitch and ask me nicely not to go out with Micheal, I was going to piss him off by going on that date.

Instead of going for that movie as we'd initially planned, Micheal and I opted for dinner at a restaurant. While I presumed the theme of the place would be casual, Micheal had surprised me by choosing a place that seemed way out of my budget. But I walked in there with a smile and tried not to let my eyes bulge out of their sockets as I took in the prices displayed on the menu. Between saving for new clothes that would fit me just right, I had no money to spend on places like these. Internally sighing, I choose what was cheapest which just happened to be a nice, little salad that I planned to just pick at and had no intention of eating.

While I thought the date would be as awkward as the baby pink top I was wearing at a fancy place that magnified my tummy rolls when I sat down, it wasn't. Micheal was nice and to my surprise, I conversed well with him. We talked about the most random of things and his laugh was as charming as his personality. This was a new experience for me and I was enjoying it. That is until Micheal excused himself to go to the washroom.

I sat there, at the table, picking at my salad, tossing the tomato slice the other side because ew. A ping from the phone across from me piqued my attention. My curiosity made me peer at Micheal's phone. It's wrong, I know, and I wished now more than ever that I hadn't given in because the message across the phone hit me like a bullet to the chest. A little dramatic, I know, but damn, that message did hurt. Biting my bottom lip to stop from quivering, I got up from my chair and left a message for Micheal that I was leaving before I left.

Wrapping my arms around myself because I'd forgotten a jacket, I walked home alone with a heavy heart. It wasn't too cold so I was okay. I was okay, I really was, but little tears just kept falling from my eyes. I wasn't hurt that the date wasn't what I expected or the fact that Micheal had no interest in me but more of the fact that what was said about me in that text was absolutely true. I'd hoped that the wish had changed my appearance for the better but, outwardly, I was still the same person I was before the wish just as described in that text - an ugly, fat cow that looked too old for her age. Thinking about it made more tears fall which I angrily wiped from my eyes as I briskly walked home, wiping more and more tears away.

"Bad date?" A voice chimed in from beside me. I didn't even flinch. I'd felt his presence two minutes ago and to be honest, I was hoping when he'd pop up next to me. I bit the inside of my cheek, folding my arms against my chest, trying to curb the burn in my throat and turning my face away so he couldn't see my tears. Demon boy didn't press further and as a minute passed by, I calmed myself enough to speak.