14.

ultimate bias: got7 

Don't forget to read the note and check out the inline comment at the end of the chapter to find out how to read the unedited version of WUAD for free!

CHAPTER - FOURTEEN

"Maybe I should've said no?" I say.

On this fine Saturday morning, I was prepping to go spend my weekend at Micheal Kingston's lake house, just on the outskirts of B.C. Why you ask? Because Micheal Kingston was not right in the head. I'd stood by my locker in school on Friday, minding my own business, when said psycho had walked up to me with a wide grin, all but demanding that I tag along with him and his friends for a weekend at his lake house.

Frankly ever since I came across that bag of killer tools in his house, I wasn't all that fond of him. And after, I'd made it clear that I had no interest in him whatsoever by summoning my ruder half whenever he was present. Hell, he even thought I had a boyfriend and didn't seem pleased by it...so why in all the realms was he inviting me to his lake house?

Wait a second.

'Why in all the realms?!'.

Oh mama, demon boy was rubbing off on me. I needed to stop adopting his weird sayings and mannerisms.

Anyways, so Micheal had invited me. And I had just stared at him, unable to believe this idiot was doing what he was. I mean, did the boy have no pride? Unless maybe, he had another intention in mind? The more I'd stared, the more his grin had lessened until it was a scowl. His gaze was no longer lighthearted. It was intense in a way that screamed 'If you refuse, you die.' I scoured my mind for excuses and while I had a plethora of them on the tip of my tongue usually, the only one coming to mind at the moment was 'Sorry, I'll be flossing my teeth that weekend.'

And I had a feeling that if I used that, Micheal would be making a trip to my house very soon with a lethal weapon in hand...

I'd swallowed, darting my eyes around. My eyes had landed on Nolan Shaw peering interestingly at us. That bull of a boy had smirked before closing his locker and heading off. His smirk was terrifying more than charming. Ooh, think Faye, think! I'd held off for as long as could, baring the weight of Micheal's stare. In the end, I might as well have stamped myself as a coward because the first thing to slip out of my mouth when I'd opened it was a feeble yes. No, Faye, you're stronger than this. My conscience was screaming at me. I'd wanted to scream at myself.

Micheal had smiled, "Great. I'll text you with the details."

I'd given him a thumbs up.

And so here I was, with fifteen minutes left for Micheal to pick me up.

I couldn't say that I was entirely unexcited though. I'd seen his lake house before through pictures when I was snooping around Jennifer's very public Instagram profile and damn, that place was magnificent. It wasn't a lake house. It was a lake mansion! One con was that it was two and a half hours away from home and since Micheal was my ride to and from the lake house, I would not be able to sneak out at any point. If I did manage to get away, I wouldn't be able to find a ride back since the place was literally in the middle of the woods. And as it was very far from town, none of the local cab services operated in that vicinity. Believe me, I'd checked...