CHAPTER 20

Elianna 'Roren' Silvestre

"Terrence..." napatango-tango ako. "pero bakit mo pinalitan 'yong pangalan mo?"

"To escape." he whispered but I heard it.

I may be too quick to trust him, but I'm too desperate to escape. This will serve me as a lesson, from now on I will never be too quick to convince and manipulate.

"I could book you in a hotel then you could just work your way to the bus station nearby," he offered. "I too am desperate to help you escape that stupid employer of yours." he scoffed.

"You're too kind." I said but ended up sounding like I'm concerned.

"It's what happends when life fucks you too hard," he sighed then shook his head, he looked at me with a smile on his face. "living is hard, lalo na kung mahirap ka at wala kang masasandalan, even if you work hard, when you're poor, you only end up being underestimated, you are being tricked and made fun of. " he said.

I've come to realize that life is indeed not fair, others may be born with a silver spoon in their mouths, while others work hard but still end up having scraps and rubbish.

It's true that not all people can have the opportunity to grow, some people are forced live in the streets, work multiple jobs yet still doesn't earn as much.

Toxic people have this kind of mindset—they think too highly of themselves, they're too quick to judge, and they don't consider the people who have a lower status than them. It's like they are being blinded by the money and power they hold.

Some people just doesn't have the opportunity to grow.

Jason being too kind leads me to believe he had tough experiences in life, although it's not easy to believe what he claims to be before—a beggar? Impossible.

A FEW CONVERSATIONS and a taxi ride lead us infront of a hotel. Ang hirap paniwalaan na ginawa niya talaga ito, alam kong hindi maganda ang magtiwala agad-agad gaya ng ginawa ko kay Sebastien.

"I've already advance payed for your fair using my card, all you have to do is get at the bus station before 8 in the morning and you'll get home at night." he told me.

I bit my lower lip, my eyes started to heat up.

"You can book alone right?" he was referring to the hotel.

I nodded while trying not to tear up.

"I guess this is a goodbye now." I whispered and looked at him.

"Yeah, but I hope we'll meet again soon. You're my friend now." He said like a kid.

I was surprise when he reached for his wallet, it looks different from the wallet earlier.

"Here, take this." aniya habang kumuha ng panibagong mga salapi sa wallet at pilit na iniabot sa akin.

I stared at the money, it's alot more than what he gave earlier. I shook my head and pushed his hands away from me slowly.

"I can't, you already gave me so much, bayad naman na ang fair ko and the money you gave me is already too much for an overnight rent in the hotel." aniko at pilit na ngumiti.

"Are you sure, I have alot more in here, just tell me-" I cut him off.

"It's fine, Jason. It's already enough," I told him.

"I guess this is a goodbye." He mumbled.

"We could still talk online, afterall I already know your socials." I told him while removing my seat belt, mukhang kanina pa kasi nakamasid ang taxi driver at hinihintay na lang akong lumabas. "Can I hug you? A friendly and fairwell hug?" I asked.